10 Hours Driving

Hello there…

I know you can drive for 10 hours a day twice a week… 4.5 driving, 45min break. 4.5 driving, 45min break followed by another hour driving…

Can I do the following…

3.5 driving, 45min break. 4.5 driving, 45min break break followed by 2 hours driving?

I think I can as I will not be driving over 4.5 without a break or driving over 10 hours in a day, just unsure about the 2 hour final drive…

Pretty basic and I should already know… :blush:

Thanks…

Yes that’s ok.

STEVECB1300:
Hello there…

I know you can drive for 10 hours a day twice a week… 4.5 driving, 45min break. 4.5 driving, 45min break followed by another hour driving…

Can I do the following…

3.5 driving, 45min break. 4.5 driving, 45min break break followed by 2 hours driving?

I think I can as I will not be driving over 4.5 without a break or driving over 10 hours in a day, just unsure about the 2 hour final drive…

Pretty basic and I should already know… :blush:

Thanks…

Perfectly legal and the way it was done on the continent, 3.5 hours, 45break, 3.5 hours 45break, 3 hours, dinner and bed, followed by exactly the same the next day if necessary

Are you sure?

I was told by my DCPC instructor :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: that I could not take my unused hours over within the same 24 hour period.

I have alway taken my 45 as close to the 4 and a half as possible as I did not think I could carry unused minutes over

dar1976:
Are you sure?

I was told by my DCPC instructor :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: that I could not take my unused hours over within the same 24 hour period.

I have alway taken my 45 as close to the 4 and a half as possible as I did not think I could carry unused minutes over

DPC instructors mostly talk ■■■■■■■■, and this is a prime example.

You have a maximum of 9 or 10 hours driving between rest periods and that does not change depending on when you take your breaks. You could drive for 1 hour, take a 45 minute break and you will still have 8 or 9 hours driving left that shift and despite what some people will try to tell you, you haven’t just lost 3.5 hours driving. You could drive for 30 minutes take a 45, drive for 30 minutes take a 45 and you still have the rest of your driving available for that shift yet according to your DCPC guy that would be you finished on a 9 hour driving day. Why, when breaks are designed for safety reasons, would they then force you to use as much of your 4.5 hours driving as possible before taking a break

Also note this was double ■■■■■■■■ from your DCPC oxygen waster in that driving and the 24-hour period are not connected. Daily driving limits are calculated between rest periods and not in 24 hours. You can do a maximum of 10 hours driving between rest periods but can legally squeeze 13.5 hours driving into a 24-hour period.

Coffeeholic:

dar1976:
Are you sure?

DPC instructors mostly talk ■■■■■■■■, and this is a prime example. You have a maximum of 9 or 10 hours driving between rest periods and that does not change depending on when you take your breaks.

And they pay these pillocks :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

dar1976:
Are you sure?

DPC instructors mostly talk ■■■■■■■■, and this is a prime example.

This ^^

As a newbie, I was wondering the same thing.

Does this mean that taking a 45 min break (or 15/30) at any point mean that you can then drive 4.5 hrs before the next break, and that, theoretically, you can take as many breaks as you like as long as you keep within your daily driving & working hours allowed for that day?

Deefer:
As a newbie, I was wondering the same thing.

Does this mean that taking a 45 min break (or 15/30) at any point mean that you can then drive 4.5 hrs before the next break, and that, theoretically, you can take as many breaks as you like as long as you keep within your daily driving & working hours allowed for that day?

Yes.

Was gonna ask this question but thought I’d read through old posts first. Back driving in the UK until march and had my mate on the phone this weekend telling me that new laws have come in to effect that limit you to driving 9 / 10 hours in any 24 hour period. I told him it was bollox and that driving times are between rest periods…anyway he consulted his DCPC “teacher” today who did indeed confirm that driving times are in any rolling 24 hour period and not between daily rests anymore. To think that we are forced to take this DCPC nonsense, only to be wrongly “educated” by fools who not only know less about the actual physical side of the job, but also the theoretical and legal side of things too.

robinhood_1984:
Was gonna ask this question but thought I’d read through old posts first. Back driving in the UK until march and had my mate on the phone this weekend telling me that new laws have come in to effect that limit you to driving 9 / 10 hours in any 24 hour period. I told him it was bollox and that driving times are between rest periods…anyway he consulted his DCPC “teacher” today who did indeed confirm that driving times are in any rolling 24 hour period and not between daily rests anymore. To think that we are forced to take this DCPC nonsense, only to be wrongly “educated” by fools who not only know less about the actual physical side of the job, but also the theoretical and legal side of things too.

You have my pity, we have a clown at ours who thinks the same in spite of all the arguments Coffeeholic gave me to prove him wrong.

All I get is “…yea but my DCPC man said…”

Our manager has even gripped him for stringing work out…

W

robinhood_1984:

I refer the honourable member to the first sentence in my post of November 10.

Thankyou.