10 hours driving question

Sorry if this seems a stupid question but any help would be great.

Can the extra hour be adjusted.

I.e if I take my first break after 4 hours (45 minutes) then drive a further 4.5 hours is it possible to add the spare 30 minutes driving time onto the 1 hour given to go into the 10 hour driving rule?

Paul J:
Sorry if this seems a stupid question but any help would be great.

Can the extra hour be adjusted.

I.e if I take my first break after 4 hours (45 minutes) then drive a further 4.5 hours is it possible to add the spare 30 minutes driving time onto the 1 hour given to go into the 10 hour driving rule?

Yes.

Yes. Your day can be split up as needed as long as you still take your breaks when needed…

Thanks guys

Yes you can take a 45 after an hours driving if you like and it makes not difference. The 10 hours is the total for the day regardless of how many times you reset the clock.

You could do

drive 2
break 45
drive 4
break 45
drive 4

or

drive 1
break 15
drive 3
break 30
drive 3
break 15
drive 1
break 30
drive 2

Max drive can be taken in any combination as long as you don’t exceed 4.5hrs accumulated drive as Rog has shown.

Just to add. Remember when you exceed 9 hrs DRIVING that then becomes one of your 2 ten hour driving extensions.

9hrs and 1 min of driving is classed extending to 10 as well so if you split up your driving time make sure you keep track

K5Project:
9hrs and 1 min of driving is classed extending to 10 as well so if you split up your driving time make sure you keep track

To add - 9 hours and 1 minute driving is not counted as 10 hours of driving

ROG:

K5Project:

No Rog but it counts as using one of your 2 extended drives

nick2008:

ROG:

K5Project:

No Rog but it counts as using one of your 2 extended drives

TRUE