10 hour drives

I normally do a 10 hour drive every Thursday and Saturday nights which is easy. Thursday is the first day of my working week.

i was asked to swap next week to this Sunday and next Saturday which would mean Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, Saturday (the other days are around 6 hours driving per shift so not an issue) but this is seemingly illegal. Now i am down for Saturday, Sunday and the following Saturday which is only 3 over 2 weeks so where can i fit a 4th in? Bear in mind that the Sunday is 1800 to roughly 0800 monday

in short, does a Sunday night shift count as this week or next week for a 10 hour drive?

scanny77:
I normally do a 10 hour drive every Thursday and Saturday nights which is easy. Thursday is the first day of my working week.

i was asked to swap next week to this Sunday and next Saturday which would mean Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, Saturday (the other days are around 6 hours driving per shift so not an issue) but this is seemingly illegal. Now i am down for Saturday, Sunday and the following Saturday which is only 3 over 2 weeks so where can i fit a 4th in? Bear in mind that the Sunday is 1800 to roughly 0800 monday

in short, does a Sunday night shift count as this week or next week for a 10 hour drive?

The regulations say that a 9 hour daily driving period may be extended twice a week.

I would say that if you go over the 9 hours driving time before midnight Sunday the extended driving shift will count for the Sunday, if the driving time is extended from 9 hours after midnight Sunday it will count for the week that Monday falls in.

1800 Sunday. Most of the shift is on the Monday which is why i would be more comfortable with doing Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, Saturday than the alternative. Saturday, Sunday, Thursday, Saturday. I think option 1 is legal but the client disagrees

Starting at 1800 sunday means the driving time extention will be on monday

That’s what i thought. Interestingly they are saying i am not able to do that shift on Sunday but another driver who is doing exactly the same shifts as me this weekend is booked to do the run on Sunday. Figure that one out!