1 pallet from Gateshead to York

Santa:

Ben9:

Secretelephant:
I dont think it would be possible to get a 1 tonne pallet on a tail lift by using a pumper truck. Certainly not safely.

If I give you my bosses number you phone him and tell him.
I am on Palletforce and it happens daily.

We do private addresses as well.

Trick is to run the truck straight off the end of the tail lift - it stops when the wheels go over.

+1 usual works, unless the muppets in the warehouse have done a bad build on the pallet, then it goes over! Usually scares the wotsit out of the customer though (done enough B&Q flatpack kitchens :wink: )

Steve-o:
A chep is good for 1t easy. I’ve had a load that was 1.2t per chep. Forklift trucks can lift that no bother but think of the poor sod that has to pump truck it off the back of his truck lol. Also some tail lifts can only take 1t Max

Bit off topic but I once saw a pallet of meat weighing 1760kgs …

Yeah - we get bricks. They weigh over a tonne to start with and some clown stacks 3 or 4 more layers on top.

Santa:

Ben9:

Secretelephant:
I dont think it would be possible to get a 1 tonne pallet on a tail lift by using a pumper truck. Certainly not safely.

If I give you my bosses number you phone him and tell him.
I am on Palletforce and it happens daily.

We do private addresses as well.

Trick is to run the truck straight off the end of the tail lift - it stops when the wheels go over.

To quote a pantomime here “oh no it doesnt!!”, I had a tonne of bird seed over doing that!! its amazing what a slight incline and not hitting the brake on the pallet truck in time!!

The woman on the mobility scooter that I nearly hit didn’t see the funny side either!!

murrayhogg.co.uk/pallets.aspx

try our place, 4 miles up the road.

mickyblue:

the maoster:

Quinny:

Quinny:
for the NHS in York.

Unlikely to be a private address with a £12k order!!! (Check the website link below.)

Ken.

Oh I dunno, a guy who owns the house opposite me regularly has deliveries late at night worth well over £100k. :smiley:

you sure that an’t drugs lol

Well stone me down, do you think it might be?

Thanks for all the info guys. :smiley:

Negotiations have now been put on hold until after crimbo, but at least she now has an idea what to factor in with the transport costs.

I hope she gets it, as what she makes is a niche product, and apart from the fact it’s my sister, it’s nice to see a business thriving in these hard times.

Ken.

Santa:
Yeah - we get bricks. They weigh over a tonne to start with and some clown stacks 3 or 4 more layers on top.

We do a lot of pallets of lead they are a pain in the rear, they have the polythene underneath the pallet so the wheels get stuck.
Marble is another classic I had a pallet of marble tiles on a few weeks ago it took 4 of us to push it and the tail-lift dropped 2 inches when it was on there looked at the notes 700kgs yeah right… We can usually push a 1 ton pallet on our own so god knows how heavy it was.

Ken, just one further comment; I’m sure you’ll have covered this already but do remind your sis to use a pallet that you can get a pump truck into easily from all 4 sides. So many times I’ve gone to a collection from a private address and had to struggle like hell cos they didn’t realise how important that is.

And of course tell her to make sure it ain’t the wrong side of a gravel drive or similar! :wink:

Absolutely GG.

It’s another pet hate of mine also, that people who send stuff, don’t relaise that receiving places don’t all have forklifts to lift them on or off, and have to rely on pallet trucks which once pumped up, are considerably thicker.

I’m sure sis may be furnished with a certain manufacturers coloured pallet to ship the order on, if it comes off. :wink:

Ken.

part of the cost factor
is good packing espcially if using pallet network more risk of damage
just by the nature of the work
use local mob may cost more but could be beter service overall