05 daf xf auto gear selecting suggestions

Bking:
I may know F all shuttlew sorry spanker.But it better to know f all than spout the crap that you and other experts come out with.

Typical misinformed drivers room bulls artists.

Poor old Bking, he’s never been the same since his job on Radio 1 finished in the late 1980’s, he used to get so angry at Steve Wright in the afternoon he could throw the phone down, didn’t he live in Purley then?
youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … fr9ucZJ4Fw

Such a blow to him to know that all life holds for him now is to sweep up the yard at Tesco & watch those big lorries driving past, wishing he could have a sit in the seat or even top them up with oil & water but alas his boss wont trust him to do that, he knows Bking’s capabilities and after all he does look after his brush, he’s had the same brush for 12 years now, its only had 6 new heads & 4 new handles in that time.

You keep on spouting CRAP all the time Bking, at least we all know you’re still breathing, we know the yard will be clean at Didcot & some of the stuff you post is quite funny, if only for the fact you must believe it yourself, god help us all if ever you get near one of those big tool box things in the fitting bays though, you know the boss told you if you want a jubilee clip tightening on the hose pipe then ask someone to do it for you, now don’t forget at 4 pm its time for your medication.

If nothing else it should give me and my mates a laugh!
[/quote]
Well everyone on here has had a good laugh at you so far,have you got any mates■■?

Bking:
I may know F all shuttlew sorry spanker.But it better to know f all than spout the crap that you and other experts come out with.

aaahhhhh, bless, can’t even spell a name correctly, even when it is already on the same page :unamused:

oh yeah, highly original alteration by the way :unamused:

i’m sorry, i thought we were discussing the amount of crap that you spout all the time?

as has been proven time and again, those of us who do actually know what we are talking about, give out the correct information

unlike some idiot on here, who basically says “it’s crap” all the time :wink:

as i said earlier, if you lose the attitude, some people might give you a bit of respect

but, what the hell, just carry on as you are, we all like a good laugh at your expense :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bking:

shuttlespanker:

norb:
it’s the electronic item that opens the clutch on the bottom of the gearbox…it isn’t cheap hence it is best to get the code read …check the as -tronic air tank for water …depending on the model ie FTG ,FT depends where the tank will be …and for some unknow reason they generally didn’t fit a drain plug

yeah, strange one that, the most important air tank on the auto DAF, and they don’t fit the drain plug :imp: :imp: :imp:

i have had very similar issues where it was the Exciter ring needed replacing on an 05 plate XF

it is more than likely that it would be water in the ASTronic air tank, not drained as there is no plug, that can cause the clutch actuator to fail, giving these fault codes

if the truck is a 6x2 midlift, the air tank is located between the midlift axle and the fuel tank on the nearside, not the one between the midlift and the rear
word of advice, remove the bung in the bottom, very carefully :wink: and retro fit a drain plug, and that way, you can drain it regularly

if you are getting excesses of water out of the rest of the tanks, it sounds like the compressor needs replacing, as it is making too much water for the air dryer to cope with

How does the compressor “make water”?

oh, and if you really want me to make you look stupid by answering this, it is not a problem, but, i thought i would leave you alone to carry on making yourself look stupid, seeing as you are doing such a great job at it :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

So a compressor can “make water”
And Im a dumb ■■■■ !!!
Holy christ we got a nuclear fusion reactor inside a crap volvo.
give me a break.

shuttlespanker:

Bking:

shuttlespanker:

norb:
it’s the electronic item that opens the clutch on the bottom of the gearbox…it isn’t cheap hence it is best to get the code read …check the as -tronic air tank for water …depending on the model ie FTG ,FT depends where the tank will be …and for some unknow reason they generally didn’t fit a drain plug

yeah, strange one that, the most important air tank on the auto DAF, and they don’t fit the drain plug :imp: :imp: :imp:

i have had very similar issues where it was the Exciter ring needed replacing on an 05 plate XF

it is more than likely that it would be water in the ASTronic air tank, not drained as there is no plug, that can cause the clutch actuator to fail, giving these fault codes

if the truck is a 6x2 midlift, the air tank is located between the midlift axle and the fuel tank on the nearside, not the one between the midlift and the rear
word of advice, remove the bung in the bottom, very carefully :wink: and retro fit a drain plug, and that way, you can drain it regularly

if you are getting excesses of water out of the rest of the tanks, it sounds like the compressor needs replacing, as it is making too much water for the air dryer to cope with

How does the compressor “make water”?

oh, and if you really want me to make you look stupid by answering this, it is not a problem, but, i thought i would leave you alone to carry on making yourself look stupid, seeing as you are doing such a great job at it :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Look for the condensation sensor boot remove the boot and press the black plastic bit at the botom and it will drain the water.

1970commer:

Bking:

Poor old Bking, he’s never been the same since his job on Radio 1 finished in the late 1980’s, he used to get so angry at Steve Wright in the afternoon he could throw the phone down, didn’t he live in Purley then?

Such a blow to him to know that all life holds for him now is to sweep up the yard at Tesco & watch those big lorries driving past, wishing he could have a sit in the seat or even top them up with oil & water but alas his boss wont trust him to do that, he knows Bking’s capabilities and after all he does look after his brush, he’s had the same brush for 12 years now, its only had 6 new heads & 4 new handles in that time.

You keep on spouting CRAP all the time Bking, at least we all know you’re still breathing, we know the yard will be clean at Didcot & some of the stuff you post is quite funny, if only for the fact you must believe it yourself, god help us all if ever you get near one of those big tool box things in the fitting bays though, you know the boss told you if you want a jubilee clip tightening on the hose pipe then ask someone to do it for you, now don’t forget at 4 pm its time for your medication.

Thats rich from some steering wheel attendant like yourself.So come bless me with your knowledge oh great one on 7 quid an hour.

Bking:

1970commer:

Bking:

Thats rich from some steering wheel attendant like yourself.So come bless me with your knowledge oh great one on 7 quid an hour.

I, nor anyone else on here could bless you with any knowledge Bking because you have a more superior knowledge of all things mechanical than all the rest of the trucknet members put together, oh no sorry that’s only in your tiny little mind.

I also notice that you have had content of yet another post removed by the moderator of this thread for a personal attack on Shuttlespanker, now I don’t know Shuttlespanker at all, but anything he posts always makes sense and appears to be thought out logically, which is more than can be said for your misguided rants & ramblings,

As for your comment about steering wheel attendant then yes I do drive a lorry, I also own the lorry, I maintain the lorry, I do all my own administration, I find all my own customers, I am the man behind the business and if I had a choice between employing you and closing the business down after trading successfully for 27 years I would pull the plug immediately, the only good thing about your posts on here is we all have something to laugh at and we can rest assured there is always someone worse off than ourselves,

Oh and by the way if £7 an hour is a figure you have in your head for a sum I pay myself then that’s OK, I manage quite well on that. now come on, get back to work, that yard wont sweep itself will it

well just to let you know took the compressor off and it was clogged up to bollox so fitted a new one and the booster and now all is good AND there is less water/■■■■■ coming from the tank…chers for the advice shuttle spanker and whoever else offered some decent info

Change the Air Drier filter at every service and hopefully you should have no more problems :smiley: