02 home broadband

For those that know that Sky have bought out 02 broadband, you might want to try this:

(Copied from another forum)

Ring 0800 230 0202 and follow the menu through to the option to leave them. Tell them you want to leave because you’re not happy about the sale of the broadband service to sky and they will give you 12 months broadband for free. Try it. It works

I’ve just done it as I pay for 02’s top package at £21pm. :smiley: :smiley:

Ken.

Id been on O2s "access package with a rolling monthly contract for a few years with the broken promises of "were intending to upgrade your local exchange in the near future" BS. So I was looking around, so when I spoke to O2 BB a month ago they offered to halve my bill, I said Id think about it, and spend a few days looking at alternate Co.'s
however I phoned O2 back last week and they offered me the new 12 month “free” contract which I accepted. Im even getting a refund on the unused part of the month Ive already paid for.
I can see why they are doing this in the light of the sale of the BB consumer side to Sky, as O2 are currently loosing over 19,000 customer a month
Also the discount given when you link your mobile to the BB contract is no more, which is handy as I`m due to end my current mobile contract with O2 soon & it will not effect my BB cotract

I did the same last week spoke to a lovely lady she offered me 12 months free broadband I did also mention I have a mobile with o2 as well so she then said she would give me a £200 credit on my account couldnt say yes quick enough excellant result :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just rang them back, and they have also given me £200 phone credit. Result.

Ken.

Northamptonguy341:
I did the same last week spoke to a lovely lady she offered me 12 months free broadband I did also mention I have a mobile with o2 as well so she then said she would give me a £200 credit on my account couldnt say yes quick enough excellant result :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i have just gone mobile with O2 because the SKY network had ■■■■■■ me off by taking speedway GP off the box. However I don’t have the broadband with them but I wouldn’t ■■■■ on Murdoch if he was on fire.