Who's taking part?

Might down tools myself :grimacing:

I’m in a bit of what I used to call to my kids …‘A Hooray/Boo situation’
I’ll definitely be taking that day off…HOORAY. :sunglasses:

But I’m off every Monday anyway…BOOO. :blush:

Git a feeling it may be a damp squib, but ther you go.
However, if any of you have the balls to do it …nice one, well done, let ‘them’ see at last how important our role is for future reference when things get ‘back to normal’.

I’ll compromise, volunteer for work on the Monday and jyst not turn in. :sunglasses: :laughing:

Looks like the XPO(ex K&N drinks) drays are taking part according to a Unite press release if they don’t get the 3.9% pay rise they want,welcome to the world of beer XPO :slight_smile:

RHA no surprise at their reaction considering they only represent many tinpot outfits who claim to pay good money,but fail to tell the truth about the hours and conditions many have to work.
Like I have said many time before about transport the money is good,BUT there`s just not enough of it

Don’t buy or read newspapers so the first I have heard about this is on here.
I suspect the vast majority of driver are the same as me. If it was on the BBC
then maybe it would have a bit more impact.

This would be easiest for Agency drivers to perform, as dropping a day’s shift - they’d get it all back by working an extra day somewhere else, that they wouldn’t have enough aggregate hours left to do otherwise.

Full time staff though?

How many still feel so “insecure” about their jobs, with them mug enough to put up with £10ph when they are already surrounded by no speke Angliski Agency on double that who “wouldn’t give a toss if they got the bullet tomorrow”… :open_mouth:

A lot of companies have likely scuppered this by offering attendamce bonuses so if you take unauthorised time off you lose a significant payment. Doubt it was deliberate, but if not on agency, many will have to think hard. Especially as we’re not all on 50K agency payments by a hell of a long way.

I like the rubbish headline :laughing:

> Nearly 3,000 hauliers are proposing a ‘stay at home’ day, prompting fears over already creaking food supply chains

Usual rubbish fake reporting me thinks.

Didn’t know there was that many “hauliers” in the UK :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Edited just to add :

Correct me if I’m wrong !
And if I am , then name these 3000 hauliers

pierrot 14:

> Nearly 3,000 hauliers are proposing a ‘stay at home’ day, prompting fears over already creaking food supply chains

Didn’t know there was that many “hauliers” in the UK :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Edited just to add :

It’s a word they continually misuse.
Do you not remember all the ‘‘Hauliers’’ that were supposedlly stuck in their cabs waiting to cross the channel just after Brexit, reported by nearly every news team on every tv channel. :unamused:
I remember shouting at the screen ‘They ain’t ■■■■ hauliers they’re DRIVERS’. :imp: :smiley:

pierrot 14:

Edited just to add :

On the tickets we fill in for things like “picking up trays” - the box marked “Haulier” usually gets filled in with , with another box entirely for “Company” and “Name of Customer”…

drover:
UK lorry drivers plan to strike over low pay and poor working conditions | Transport | The Guardian

Might down tools myself :grimacing:

I’m in, what have we got to lose? As a minimum though, I’ll give the management team a list of what is wrong, although they already know. Start with a day and increase the time by a day per month, 2 days 23rd September, 3 days 23rd October etc.

I’ll be on the 08.00 boat that morning as usual . If I miss a Monday then I’m off the whole week . We make promises to our customers to collect and deliver their goods on time . Pay and conditions are good - yes they could be better but they are up there with the best of them . All we have to gain from this is a loss of respect from our customers , as we aren’t a huge company we can’t really compete on price but we do compete on service - ie we do things when we say we are going to do them and it seems to work . We have taken work from companies who just didn’t care when the stuff turned up or what sort of condition it was in all because it was done on a cheapest price - many of our customers have been down the cheapest price route and have seen the lack of care taken with their products , lack of basic strapping down of loads (double stacked pallets of animal feed unstrapped )from Southern England to Northern Ireland = 5-6tons of product destroyed and unmarketable per load , how long does/can a small company put up with that sort of loss ?
I wish those who take part well but feel that if not enough take part those who do will be victimised by employers and agencies (employed strikers will just get basic hours , agency drivers will find the phone will stop ringing as often)

As a P.S. to this thread:
From that article

> prompting fears over already creaking food supply chains

You lot live in the UK and obviously shop there,
are the shelves really empty ■■?

pierrot 14:
From that article

No. I went food shopping on Sunday with the missus and the shelves were as full of stock as normal.
The large companies and hauliers want their cheap pool of labour back and are inventing a non story about no food on the shelves. Daily Mail even used a photo of empty water bottle shelves that was taken during the 1st covid lockdown.

msgyorkie:

pierrot 14:
From that article

No. I went food shopping on Sunday with the missus and the shelves were as full of stock as normal.
The large companies and hauliers want their cheap pool of labour back and are inventing a non story about no food on the shelves. Daily Mail even used a photo of empty water bottle shelves that was taken during the 1st covid lockdown.

Me and the wife were in Asda today, I would reckon the shelves were 90% stocked at a guess, only one or two shortages, so no real dramas,.still enough for everybody.

msgyorkie:

Must be lucky where you are, our Asda ( live literally next door to it ) has significantly empty/reduced stock for nearly a month now.

No matter what time you call in restocking well below normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lidl in Penzance over the last 2-3 weeks has had very few full shelves.
Fruit & Veg OK, Cold meats OK.
Middle Isle (non Food) OK
But elsewhere in the store very bare or nothing at all.
Fruit juices of any description virtually nil - just 4 bottles of Fresh Orange Juice today, four more than my last visit

whisperingsmith:
Lidl in Penzance over the last 2-3 weeks has had very few full shelves.
Fruit & Veg OK, Cold meats OK.
Middle Isle (non Food) OK
But elsewhere in the store very bare or nothing at all.
Fruit juices of any description virtually nil - just 4 bottles of Fresh Orange Juice today, four more than my last visit

I think that was caused by the hauliers boycotting Lidl.

A number of major players are refusing to deliver to Iceland and Lidl RDC’s due to unacceptable delays on site. I myself recently spent 9 hours in one day on bays in two separate Tesco RDC’s. This is unacceptable and the reason why there’s shortages. Sod all to do with lack of drivers.

Morrisons near to us have had a fair amount of spaces on their shelves. Fresh fruit and veg a bit sparce but nothing to start panicking over as it stands. Jam shelf also had limited choice, usually get strawberry but just got blackcurrent instead. Also gelatine was non existent so certainly signs of shortages.