Anyone here work(ed) for Turners?

One question has been bugging me for quite some time now, several months in fact maybe longer so perhaps someone here who works for or knows someone who does or any sort of inside info… Do Turners specifially select complete bafoons as in is it something they look for when hiring drivers or do they turn them into such at a later stage, how do they do that, how is every single one of their drivers a100% donkey?

Pay peanuts, get monkeys. I’m guessing they burned through all the local drivers like that kind of company does and nobody will touch them with a barge pole except the unemployable.

Was it Turners or Matthews that left their dead driver in Greece and the family paid the cost to bring him home , and the rescue driver refused to drive the truck when collecting it later on ?

Tarmaceater:
Was it Turners or Matthews that left their dead driver in Greece and the family paid the cost to bring him home , and the rescue driver refused to drive the truck when collecting it later on ?

That was Matthews.

when was this??

That’s them Matthews International and the story hit the daily newspapers and the family interviewed on the television too , he had a heart attack while asleep in his cab and allegedly the firm was only worried about their load to Italy so guess he was near the port or heading to the ferry on a night out .

Apologies, he died in Italy on route to Greece and he was called Paul Stanyard , the company didn’t want to pay the cost of bringing him back which was about £17,000 .
I knew a driver that got Sepsis from an infected needle to lance his boil on his bum at the hospital in Miranda de Abro near Burgos .

He got to the BP truck stop at Saint Andre de Cubzac North of Bordeaux but because of no mobile phones or tracking in the old days nobody knew where he was and was AWOL for a while until they found him dead in his cab .
Part of the cost is the lead coffin and freight charges for the flight home .

Tarmaceater:
Apologies, he died in Italy on route to Greece and he was called Paul Stanyard , the company didn’t want to pay the cost of bringing him back which was about £17,000 .
I knew a driver that got Sepsis from an infected needle to lance his boil on his bum at the hospital in Miranda de Abro near Burgos .

He got to the BP truck stop at Saint Andre de Cubzac North of Bordeaux but because of no mobile phones or tracking in the old days nobody knew where he was and was AWOL for a while until they found him dead in his cab .
Part of the cost is the lead coffin and freight charges for the flight home .

Was that after he did the Mayor’s daughter?

Rubbish, my mate went to work for them out of bicker ( which I think was browns once ) , he was as good. A driver as you lot though his head was obviously not as big , he moved out there as he wanted a place with land as his wife had horses + other animals, it was the closest place to his house so that was good enough for him
He now lives near Aberdeen & did work for dhl on a Argos contract I believe , but I think xpo took that over so not sure what he’s upto now , but he’s lived all over the country & worked at no- end of different places
As for the rest of turners drivers , I haven’t got a clue , there not a firm that stock in my mind like some do , so they can’t be that bad

I have heard that you have to be fluent in Flip Flopski. I often see their tankers around Perth.

alamcculloch:
I have heard that you have to be fluent in Flip Flopski. I often see their tankers around Perth.

Based on my experience of working for them at Allerton Bywater, the powder and fuel tanker drivers are mostly English natives, but the fridges and boxes are 70% Bogdan, Krzysztof and Tomasz with the other 30% being agency of varying quality to fill the gap after loads of them [zb]ed off back home.

The work on the fridges is easy enough. Mostly RDC deliveries then backload out of Costco at Crick for a Costco store delivery.

dozy:
Rubbish, my mate went to work for them out of bicker ( which I think was browns once ) , he was as good. A driver as you lot though his head was obviously not as big , he moved out there as he wanted a place with land as his wife had horses + other animals, it was the closest place to his house so that was good enough for him
He now lives near Aberdeen & did work for dhl on a Argos contract I believe , but I think xpo took that over so not sure what he’s upto now , but he’s lived all over the country & worked at no- end of different places
As for the rest of turners drivers , I haven’t got a clue , there not a firm that stock in my mind like some do , so they can’t be that bad

:laughing: I lasted 3 weekend at Bicker, even the office people were EE`s and I had difficulty understanding them and when you present at the desk, they mostly ignore your existence, I was supposed to accept that apparently :open_mouth:

Anyways I got fed up with the phone going off all the time and the fact that the office people did not communicate with each other, the other drivers were mostly EE`s, it was the empty tin of fish in the Volvo that had been sat there all day that did it for me, along with unrealistic expectations of hours, so I would have to say those who work for turners are devoid of any self respect or indeed IQ.

Just my experience though, others maybe more positive.

ETS:
One question has been bugging me for quite some time now, several months in fact maybe longer so perhaps someone here who works for or knows someone who does or any sort of inside info… Do Turners specifially select complete bafoons as in is it something they look for when hiring drivers or do they turn them into such at a later stage, how do they do that, how is every single one of their drivers a100% donkey?

Hi Mr Perfect

Everyone has to to start somewhere, and to be honest spent there 6 months there, money were crap, but all the staff were ok, didn’t had any pressure at all.
Then came back to Culina, previously were on the warehouse, and managed to spend there 3 months, and comparing that to Turners that was like proper
“work camp” for 100% donkey’s.

Meet couple decent drivers working for Turners for many years, and they were natives, so do not think so that all of them are donkey’s.
But it’s always their choice, something personal, I’m sure You know what I mean.
Like for me You could be a sheep shagger, I do not mind, the choice is Yours:)

Regards

What makes you think they are all donkeys pal? Worked here for two years on the tankers my first proper driving job. Taking me on with little experience and provided 3 weeks training with a driver trainer. Trucks are well maintained and equipment was good never an issue if anything needed replacing. Transport staff were brilliant and empathetic if you were a decent character. Left alone never pushed and could take extra payed breaks if you wanted. Turners for some reason get a lot of flack, maybe different divisions withing tuners are different but I never had a bad word to say about them. Theirs “donkeys” in all companies!

Often meet at the same delivery points as the Turners tankers, drivers a cross section of the sort you’d find anywhere, just like those employed by other companies most are decent polite and friendly whatever country they might be from or background they might have.
Most of the tanker drivers seem happy enough with their lot, some of the older ones on the sugar still on Tate and Lyle contracts, maybe the same applies to other contracts taken over by Turners.

Casmk:
What makes you think they are all donkeys pal?

Just seeing the way they drive/park/reverse their trucks and I mean every single one of them. Speeding, tailgating, lane weaving, no signal, rush to reverse trying to show off mad skills only to get stuck and have to start again, park at the pumps, park AFTER the pumps obstructing traffic, park BEFORE the pumps obstructing traffic, overtake+cut in with 5ft in between, literallly every single time I encounter 1 of them I clench the wheel and steady in my seat. Like I said I’ve been ‘‘noticing’’ for a while. Maybe because it’s the same route I do so it’s the same drivers I meet, I dunno but every single one of them has been bad and Turners is the only company I can say this about, not Stobarts or Royal Mail or TNT can qualify for the 100% award

ETS:

Casmk:

Just seeing the way they drive/park/reverse their trucks and I mean every single one of them. Speeding, tailgating, lane weaving, no signal, rush to reverse trying to show off mad skills only to get stuck and have to start again, park at the pumps, park AFTER the pumps obstructing traffic, park BEFORE the pumps obstructing traffic, overtake+cut in with 5ft in between, literallly every single time I encounter 1 of them I clench the wheel and steady in my seat. Like I said I’ve been ‘‘noticing’’ for a while. Maybe because it’s the same route I do so it’s the same drivers I meet, I dunno but every single one of them has been bad and Turners is the only company I can say this about, not Stobarts or Royal Mail or TNT can qualify for the 100% award

Thats your opinion .I have found the drivers to be friendly and helpful.I have worked there never had problems if things go wrong i wont mind going back.The parcel drivers for me are the worst.Turners have over 2000 drivers dont tell me you have met them all .Turners just left me to get on with it.

ETS:

Casmk:

‘‘Every single one of them’’ eh?
Love the constant generalised comments on here when somebody wants to stress a point… :unamused: :smiley:
You can not tell me that EVERY single driver of ANY firm consisting of about more than half a dozen are pure ■■■■ s.

I worked alongside Turners drivers for around 25 years and never had an issue with them, one thing I have never seen is them stressed out with work. I know the vehicles and equipment was ok, its the reason they have grown like they have,

I’ve never seen any of the issues you mention with Turner drivers tbh.