Avoidable?

No doubt about…

The car drivers muppetry here at all. Driving like that shows stupidity of galactic proportions.

But, could the lorry have avoided the collision?

At 11 seconds, it’s becoming apparent to me what’s going to happen. My thoughts are, if you’ve kept an eye on your mirrors previously leading up to this point, you’d know that pulling hard right would be safe and therefore it’s possible to avoid the collision.

Certainly a learning moment methinks.

reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/c … r_drivers/

Apologies in advance for the language and yes, I know it’s 2019. I’m guessing without doing any Google maps research it’s the A580.

Stupid cow got what she deserved.
Was it avoidable? Well we don’t know if anything else was overtaking the lorry.

LOL, i love it how when he said ‘You stupid fin cnt’ his sat nav got voice triggered ‘Say a command’

Lady was in the wrong clearly

However … however as a professional driver we’re professional he shouldn’t of reacted by swearing he needs to stay calm and be chilled hope his boss sees it and give him advice not to swear as it’s a bad habit

^^^ I suspect that you are either mentally ill or more probably have never faced the scenario that driver did.

TruckDriverBen:

However … however as a professional driver we’re professional he shouldn’t of reacted by swearing he needs to stay calm and be chilled hope his boss sees it and give him advice not to swear as it’s a bad habit

You thought that was bad? :unamused: I swear less when things go well…

I wonder if the AEBS or whatever it’s called would have managed to stay off the car any better than the driver did.

With a heavy trailer I wouldn’t have fancied a quick swerve over to avoid, if only for the fact of getting straight in lane 2 would be quite a big shift right then left, missing the car but dumping a load out the side of the curtains, taking out the armco down the middle or toppling over a heavy decker would all be a worse outcome in my mind.

No one injured and the front of the truck may well have suffered only scratches, the lass driving the car can think it over while her insurance co has the car in the bodyshop for a quote.

njl:
I wonder if the AEBS or whatever it’s called would have managed to stay off the car any better than the driver did.

With a heavy trailer I wouldn’t have fancied a quick swerve over to avoid, if only for the fact of getting straight in lane 2 would be quite a big shift right then left, missing the car but dumping a load out the side of the curtains, taking out the armco down the middle or toppling over a heavy decker would all be a worse outcome in my mind.

No one injured and the front of the truck may well have suffered only scratches, the lass driving the car can think it over while her insurance co has the car in the bodyshop for a quote.

I was thinking the same. A big swerve and and the resulting rollover.
Then TNCSI would have blamed the wagon driver for falling asleep/rolling a ciggy/watching ■■■■ while the general population once again goes into anti HGV mode.

Sadly the the manoeuvre the stupid cow did is replicated every day multiple times a day by morons that should have their licence to drive permanently confiscated.

LHD vehicle and that could easily have snatched the wheel out of the driver’s hands and then the lorry goes wherever.

Why did the truck driver slow down at 0.06 - 0.09 then accelerated at 0.10-0.12.
Yes avoidable and predictable from at least 0.08 when the car clearly slowed down in lane 2 and then indicated at 0.10.
It could just as easily have been a breakdown at that point and the truck driver should have braked from 0.09 at least.

drover:

Nothing…

Went past after the collision in lane 2.

njl:

He might…

Have been empty?

I could yadder on about load security until hell freezes over but, the short answer is, your load should be secure and able to withstand anything that’s thrown at it. I drive a fridge and you can really crank them over when needed.

yourhavingalarf:

drover:

Nothing…

Went past after the collision in lane 2.

You can see a blue tipper pass them just as the car comes to a stop. Maybe he was there all along following the car overtaking (alongside the main truck which btw I don’t know why people assume is an artic)

Also 1 more thing I noticed his speed didn’t drop until after the impact yes there is lag between the actual speed nad speed displayed but I’m guessing he pressed his horn 1st then a second or two later he realized he had to brake hard so he did. Not blaming him 100% car driver fault but similar happened to me when some tipper in front of me came to a near halt on the A14 for some reason my brain refused to believe this was actually happening for 1-2 seconds so I didn’t brake as hard as I should have; I got bailed out by the AEBS :blush:

yourhavingalarf:

njl:

He might…

Have been empty?

I could yadder on about load security until hell freezes over but, the short answer is, your load should be secure and able to withstand anything that’s thrown at it. I drive a fridge and you can really crank them over when needed.

He might have been pulling a half loaded tank- just for the sake of it . Two very different animals on the road and not one you throw from lane to lane .
I had a stupid %$"* almost wipe me out yesterday - passing another car coming down a sliproad thats turning from 2 lanes into one which then becomes the running lane of a 4 lane motorway . Rather than stay in the lane shes in she decided to cut me up just to get past the car then passes another car on the now inside lane before moving back into the inside lane to join a queue at the next junction . I did note the cup of coffee in her hand throughout the “manouvere” so I just put it in the "not awake yet but late for work " bin .

yourhavingalarf:

njl:

Never had hanging beef then!

dave docwra:

yourhavingalarf:

njl:

lol
saw the same load of hanging on its side twice a couple of weeks ago . The hero’s managed to put it on its side at the Newtownstewart roundabout on the A75 . It spent a day there while it was recovered and transhipped to another fridge which was put in its side again at the ferry in Cairnryan by the dock shunters putting it on to the boat .

TruckDriverBen:

Ben… you fkg prk you really are a fkg stupid fkg ct :wink:

Enjoy you weekend x

dave docwra:

Sure I’ve…

Had hanging beef but, I always counterbalanced it with 14 tons of steel across the floor.

Yes, of course with a hanging load you can’t Colin McRea it everywhere. The example I gave is my own loads of boxed, palletised and supermarket basket chill loads.

The scary thing is the amount of ‘drivers’ who don’t see any case to start braking there at 0.08.Hazard awareness and anticipation skills are non existent. :open_mouth: :unamused:

Spike , have you got Tourette’s syndrome?
I have seen the video, the lorry driver did accelerate to drive in to the car on purpose to teach the old bidey a lesson but unfortunately it could land him in two years prison for dangerous driving and retake all his driving tests after porridge time .