Avoidable?

Tarmaceater:
Spike , have you got Tourette’s syndrome?
I have seen the video, the lorry driver did accelerate to drive in to the car on purpose to teach the old bidey a lesson but unfortunately it could land him in two years prison for dangerous driving and retake all his driving tests after porridge time .

2 points to made here…

Firsty the swearing was a joke with sarcastic and slightly ironic undertones… Possibly lost on those don’t understand that concept :question: :bulb:

Secondly how the hell do you know the driver accelerated?
Do you have some special skills? And if you do then you need to put them to better use and forget about this sitting behind a steering wheel for 12 hrs a day lark

spike78:
Do you have some special skills? And if you do then you need to put them to better use and forget about this sitting behind a steering wheel for 12 hrs a day lark

You can see his speed in the lower part of the screen (white text) :wink: goes from 48mph to 50mph then starts to go down

ETS:

spike78:

You can see his speed in the lower part of the screen (white text) :wink: goes from 48mph to 50mph then starts to go down

Thats the GPS speed. Can lag several seconds behind, depending on location/satellite availability.

ETS:

spike78:

Actually goes from 50 mph to 47 mph then back to 50 mph all before the collision.
As opposed to braking at 0.08-0.09 bringing the speed down as low as possible at that point when the clearly slowing car returned to lane 1.

ETS:

spike78:

My bad lol, never noticed that…

Hardly think he has committed crime of the century tho and needs banging up like tarmac eater says?

spike78:
My bad lol, never noticed that…

Hardly think he has committed crime of the century tho and needs banging up like tarmac eater says?

Wellllllll, let’s just say he took one for the team. I mean who here hasn’t daydreamed about doing something similar but always thought ‘nah, it ain’t worth it’…what, it can’t be just me

dave docwra:

yourhavingalarf:

njl:
I could yadder on about load security until hell freezes over but, the short answer is, your load should be secure and able to withstand anything that’s thrown at it. I drive a fridge and you can really crank them over when needed.

Never had hanging beef then!

:laughing: Yes indeed, I once spent many miles stuck behind a truck carrying this, even on a flat straight road at reasonable speed he had a permanent wobble going on, I didn’t envy him.

I hope that any authorities who might get involved can understand that her behaviour could only have resulted in two outcomes: the HGV taking some form of extreme braking/swerving action, with it’s own inherent dangers to the HGV driver and other road users, or simply a bit of damage to an inanimate hunk of metal.
I love the way she just stands there stupidly looking from her bashed boot to the driver :laughing:

yourhavingalarf:

dave docwra:
Never had hanging beef then!

Sure I’ve…

Had hanging beef but, I always counterbalanced it with 14 tons of steel across the floor.

Yes, of course with a hanging load you can’t Colin McRea it everywhere. The example I gave is my own loads of boxed, palletised and supermarket basket chill loads.

I can assure you that you can not Colin McRea it anywhere.14ton on the floor is even more reason not to hoof it, the strain on the trailer walls is immense.

dave docwra:
I can assure you that you can not Colin McRea it anywhere.14ton on the floor is even more reason not to hoof it, the strain on the trailer walls is immense.

As any…

Experienced fridge man will tell you, just stuff all the gaps between the beef with bags of sprouts. This creates a much more stable ride and considerably increases your cornering parameters.

I’ve cooked several reps in their Mondeos on roundabouts and twisty Welsh B roads with only my F86 on the front.

I think you might have overlooked the increased stability that a spread-axle tandem on springs and drums gives you.

yourhavingalarf:

dave docwra:

As any…

Experienced fridge man will tell you, just stuff all the gaps between the beef with bags of sprouts. This creates a much more stable ride and considerably increases your cornering parameters.

I’ve cooked several reps in their Mondeos on roundabouts and twisty Welsh B roads with only my F86 on the front.

I think you might have overlooked the increased stability that a spread-axle tandem on springs and drums gives you.

:laughing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :sunglasses:

yourhavingalarf:

dave docwra:

As any…

I will remember the sprout trick for the future.

If only the bloke in the link below took your advice :smiley:

fb.watch/65LZ5iQ5vB/

Shiiiiite!

Always hard to judge as camera angles on videos don’t directly show what the driver would see.
I’d like to think that if I was paying attention I’d be automatically be over the anchors as soon as the left indicator went on so early but that can’t be an assumed get out of jail card for poor driving.

Own Account Driver:
Always hard to judge as camera angles on videos don’t directly show what the driver would see.
I’d like to think that if I was paying attention I’d be automatically be over the anchors as soon as the left indicator went on so early but that can’t be an assumed get out of jail card for poor driving.

Looks right to me. Jumping on the brakes because someone is making a “change lane to left” indication would be an over reaction. We know that “lane change” is actually a “turn off left” only with hind sight.
Avoidable? Not really.
Ed typo

Franglais:
Jumping on the brakes because someone is making a “change lane to left” indication would be an over reaction. We know that “lane change” is actually a “turn off left” only with hind sight.
Avoidable? Not really.

You’ve obviously never worked for a firm where an avoidable accident on your record means what it says and accrue enough of em then you’re sacked.
Hitting the brakes when you anticipate that someone is slowing down at the same time as they are returning to the left is anything but an over reaction.
The key word being anticipate.It’s what driving anything anywhere is all about.
Why does the left turn have anything to do with it.It could be a sudden breakdown occurring during the overtake and lane change.

At the end of the day the stupid bint did a dangerous manoeuvre that could have been deadly. If she didnt realise that her turn off was approaching then all she had to do was carry on to the next turn off and come back.
Far too many people leave their exit manoeuvre untill way too late. How many times a day do we see cars come flying from lane 3 on a motorway straight over lane 2 and 1 and straight onto the exit ramp?
It shouldn’t be down to the heavily laden vehicle to have to make the emergency stop!

ETS:
LOL, i love it how when he said ‘You stupid fin cnt’ his sat nav got voice triggered ‘Say a command’

A Liar - doesn’t tell the Truth
A Robot - doesn’t understand the Truth
A Karen - doesn’t know the Truth.