Prostate problems

lancpudn:

dozy:

lancpudn:
What a joke this is turning out to be! I was supposed to make appointments for a series of PSA blood tests over three months ago to see if the PSA levels are dropping before I go to my urology outpatients appointment in August. I haven’t had a single test yet :frowning:

It’s been like banging your head against a wall for the last three months trying to sort this out with Bolton hospital, my GP & Christies.
Finally got to the bottom of it yesterday! The reason was because my follow up details were not on the system & nobody could find my details until yesterday :cry: It’s being sorted now thankfully.

I’m baffled why your dealing with your gp as other than my original examination I’ve not dealt with gp for last 3 yrs , any questions over treatment goes through my urology nurse ( new one is not as good as old one though )
I spoke to her this week about mri as due one , but no rush as apparently I’m not of any concern to them ( which is good in a way , but things can change so should keep upto date on psa /mri scans )
Though I am lucky as mrs does chase things up , my medical secretary
Hope you get sorted , I’m having the same issues ( not prostrate related ) , apparently they’d booked me in for surgery when I was told it was just a chat about how I was getting on , mrs spent today sorting it all

I’m having to deal with my GP to get these PSA blood tests done at my local clinic because urology wanted it this way!!! I don’t know if it’s to take excess appointments away from the hospital for a procedure that can be done locally at my clinic.
It’s hard work getting anything done via my GP as he still wont take phone calls or face to face appointments unless it’s life threatening & this has been going on since the outbreak of covid in 2020, He’ll only accept emails & it can be days before he replies to them or not at all as is the case now for my repeat prescription medications, Already a week behind with that.

Interesting , my mrs gets all my prostrate , diabetis blood tests done at Grantham hospital , if there down for doctors she just changes them to hospital ,if there down for Boston / Lincoln she just changes them to Grantham , if I’m down for a blood test at docs in morn , hospital in afternoon she just gets them done at same time at hospital , urology arnt bothered , nor it seems are doctors as long as blood tests are done
Must be different areas , as I say other than original examination at doctors I’ve never seen them for anything prostrate related