Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

robroy:

Franglais:

tmcassett:
My point still remains, it achieves nothing. You spending endless hours of your time frantically searching for any article you can find to try and prove your point and that you were right is still a bit pathetic and shows you as the same.

No. Your point does not remain.
I am not discussing events seven years after they happened.

Also I am not spending endless hours “frantically searching for things”.
I am commenting on current events. Stuff in the news.

I comment on current events influenced by Brexit here: on the Brexit thread.
I comment about other events in threads about them.

As this is not about the logistics of hydrogen supply, I am fairly confident in saying:
It ain`t rocket science.

It seems we do agree about one thing: current events do show that Brexit was a mistake.
No where have you said, that I remember, that any Brexit effects have been good?

Ah well looks like + 5 coming up :smiley:

Thing is Frangers there is a difference between commenting on something and actually and actively seeking stuff out to fuel a (pointless) agenda.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you come across as bordering on being maniaclly obsessive about this stuff.

We all get it !!.. The process has not been 100% successful nor 100% smooth.
.I have given you my theory as to how I think that is so, and to use one of my football analogies (that you love :smiley: ) …, It’s a bit like Alan Shearer being forced into the job of being an ambassador and spokesman for Sunderland FC,. (Ok it would never happen, but just go with it) .
Sure he would go through the motions, because he had to, but he would hardly be enthusiastic,.and I am sure he’d be tempted to make sure, although he appeared on the face if things to be giving 100% to make it work, that it did not, because in reality he would not give a toss and love the fact that things were not going all sweetness and light.
Simple, but fair analysis of the situation I would say.

Feel free to rubbish that theory (Feel free?, Jesus I’m turning into Carryfast :unamused: ) as I’m sure you will, .but I believe it to be a big part of the problem,.whereby the powers that be were arrogant and up their own arses enough after Cameron’s ‘‘second to none’’ deal, to fully expect,.and take for granted, a remain vote.and they got a bloody nose,.so much so Cameron resigned over it as far as I remember…because it was all a long time ago.

Anyway back to you…deal with it and move on FFS…you are actually becoming a caricature of yourself on all this stuff.

“Actively seeking stuff out”?
Umm, I call that “listening to the news”.
What I am mostly posting about is current affairs, news reports etc.

I dont care how "I come across". My image is of very little concern to me. "How I come across" isnt the subject of this thread: Brexit is.

“Cameron was given a bloody nose”?
Maybe he was. And maybe he deserved that and more.
But isnt that you suggesting the Brexit vote (that happened years ago, and [u]you[/u] are still discussing it!) was about "giving it to the man" rather than about Brexit itself? Arent you saying the electorate voted to stuff the country for the wrong reasons?

And I`ve no idea at all about your football analogy.
The way you keep on about footie, even here, you come across as bordering on being maniaclly obsessive about this stuff. :smiley:

“We all get it !!.. The process has not been 100% successful nor 100% smooth.”
Agreed.
Ain`t that nice, we agree.
“Not 100% successful” as in: “the Titanic had a less than 100% successful voyage”.

“deal with it and move on FFS”
I have been dealing with the results of Brexit, at work and personally for years. I still am.
And so is the country: the ESF (European Social Fund) payments to the UK, worth millions of quid, end this month.
Gove has promised to replace them. Maybe in 2024 or maybe sometime, or maybe, since we are due an election in the next couple of years, never.

I`ll repeat what I said earlier, mostly what I talk about here is current affairs but I try to keep the Brexit related stuff on the Brexit thread.
It does what it says on the tin.