Tramp Lady at the Services

There was a one years ago in the 80s, who used to frequent the old Red Lion pub next to the truck park at Aldgate,.she was known by the older drivers as ‘A5 Annie’,.she was ■■■■ ancient then, and used to walk round the pub in a miniskirt showing her knickers…not a pretty sight btw. :open_mouth:
Apparentllly she usedd to just hitch hike from one end of A5 to other before the M way was built. hence the name and , presumably on the game.

An old hand used to tell me tales of 50s trucking., and the ‘ladies’ who used to do much the same thing pre m’way days also,.spending their lives hitch hiking.
2 always stick in my mind, one was called ‘‘Winnie the gobbler’’ for obvious reasons :smiley: ,.the other was called ‘Peg Leg’’ as she obviously had a false leg.
This guy (who worked for me at the time) used to say you could often see a truck parked up in a lay by, , where she’d hung her leg over the mirror arm, while they did the business :laughing: …not a lot of room in those old Thames Traders and Albions he used to tell me. :smiley: