JAPS

I once bought a brand new diesel Toyota pick up ( rear wheel drive ) Y reg '83 that came from Southern Ireland a great motor ( column change) well after 3 or 4 years the silencer started blowing so I called at our local Toyota Dealers in Morcambe to enquire if they could supply me with a new system " sorry mate that model dosen’t appear on our lists not a UK supplied motor" ! Well our fitters did temp repairs with a couple of bean tins but obviously the problem needed sorting so one day not long after I was at our Tyre Supplier in Morecambe again and next door was a little local Exhaust outlet so in desperation I asked if they could help----- “certainly we’ll have a butchers so lets put it up on the ramp” the Chap was straight underneath and weighed form up for a bit then he disappeared and returned with a complete system ( with an inch of dust on it !) he held it up to the underside and it was identical !!! The one he had brought out was from a 1970’s Cressida which had the identical floor pan to the pick up :open_mouth: !! They reckoned they had had this part in stock for over 10 years and guess what he said I could have it for what they had it priced at all those years ago !!!
I couldn’t resist nipping into the Toyota Dealer to advise them I had got fixed up but I told them that I had a new one flown in from Japan on Flying Tigers air freight no thanks to them !! :wink: Cheers Bewick