''Sweden is looking for Expiernced drivers''

newbie2shoes:
Hello all,

Have been loitering round the perimeter fence for a while and finally joined hoping someone will offer me their advice/opinion.

I am a 57 year old EU national living in Jersey, Channel Islands, and have recently passed my Cat C. Will be speaking to a local company tomorrow and if successful will have six months experience by the summer.

The reason for taking the Cat C is my interest in moving to Sweden (North ideally). We do not have CPC in Jersey, and am not even sure the licence is transferable. Contacted both the Jersey and Swedish authorities but neither could tell me, so at least one hurdle remains, though not insurmountable.

In the opinion of those with knowledge of the country, how likely is it that a newbie like me with six months experience in Cat C be able to find a driving job, ideally in Northern Sweden?

Please feel free to forward this query to anyone else you think may be able to help.

Thank you all very much in advance.

A very merry and peaceful xmas :slight_smile:

Welcome!

The main problem for you I think would be the CPC though as I believe the YKB (CPC) here can only be done in Swedish.
I might be wrong on that but I haven’t found anything to correct me. From my own searching to do the C+E here it seems only a B license can be done in English, everything else in Swedish.

However if you are able to do the UK CPC that is fine over here I’ve been using mine and they won’t exchange it anyway. Also because of the price difference I would recommend doing it before coming.

Or another option is come here to do it but you’re probably looking at six months SFI maybe 8-9 to get your Swedish level enough to do it here. (I believe they actually do an exam unlike UK sleeping in the room for 35 hours).

Anyway I personally don’t think you can go wrong with northern Sweden it’s really wonderful.

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk