A drivers diet.

dozy:
I’m 11 st , bag bones ,continue to loose weight , but I have to ridgidly follow a diabetic diet , I can’t answer for you but I don’t have crisps / chocolate bars , I was also advised not to drink coffee / tea prostrate , drink water
Being thin might look better than fat , but I’m not finding it much fun ( I’m now wearing small size boxers & they still keep falling down ) , belt sorts trousers .

This poignant post should tell everybody what they need to know. Dozy, no doubt can confirm, that it does not take years to lose weight. Give up refined sugar, and fast carbs like bread, and the weight will literally fall off you.
The fact that jumps out from the various posts is the addiction to refined sugars. As long as you carry on consuming too much of it, you will carry too much weight, and risk diabetes. Grapes, apples, bananas etc are all high sugar fruits, so throwing them down your neck and feeling virtuous is just kidding yourself. However, combine apple with peanut butter, and then you have a good combination.
NHS recommends 30g of sugar per day. Same as in one standard mars bar. Consider that when you reach for the chocolate when you queue to pay for diesel. Also, for those that tramp and have cans of heinz beans and spaghetti etc, one can probably contains half your sugar allowance for the day. Add white bread and something sweet afterwards, and you are way over.
When you eat ‘clean’, shopping is a breeze. Just avoid processed food, and if you want chocolate, buy 70% cocoa only. Your palate will change gradually, but you will eventually ignore the junk.
I have soup before I leave the house in the morning. Not a can of heinz rubbish, but usually Ramseys recipe watercress soup. Recipe is on youtube. It is delicious, and easy to make.
I take chicken and my own hummus (tahini (make your own, its easy), chickpeas, lemon juice and olive oil…and a bit of ■■■■■■■■■■■■ and paprika. Blitz until smooth). Never get sick of it. Just play with ingredients.
Strawberries are very low in sugar, blueberries moderately so. I put a mix of both in greek yogurt and make a strawberry compote…just buy some frozen strawberries and put them in a pan and break them down…drizzle compote over and eat.
Try making oat scones, recipe on youtube, then smear a bit of butter on them.
My favourite pate is Ramseys smoked mackerel. Buy a pack of said mackerel, peel skin off, blitz in food processor, add some horse radish, about a tbsp, add some philli cream cheese and some lemon, then blitz till smooth. I force it through a sieve so its extra smooth, and make your own crackers. It is addictive. Instead of snacking on choc, consider some of the cheeses. Manchego does it for me.
Typical weekend breakfast for me is 3egg omelette with mozzarella and some anchovies. Sausage, bacon and fried egg just turn my stomach now. Obligatory when younger, but they were different days, and we did not know as much as we do now.