What would you grab if you had to bail out?

Got stuck on the westbound M62 this afternoon because of the lorry fire at Ainley Top. Hope the driver got out ok, but thats a Morrisons motor that will never run again! (anyone got any pics, btw?)

But it made me think what I would grab if I had to bail in a hurry. I’m thinking phone, wallet and car keys (all conveniently in my jacket pockets, so in fact only grabbing one thing) Things like satnav, digicard - sod them .

What would anyone else grab?

WhiteTruckMan:
Got stuck on the westbound M62 this afternoon because of the lorry fire at Ainley Top. Hope the driver got out ok, but thats a Morrisons motor that will never run again! (anyone got any pics, btw?)

But it made me think what I would grab if I had to bail in a hurry. I’m thinking phone, wallet and car keys (all conveniently in my jacket pockets, so in fact only grabbing one thing) Things like satnav, digicard - sod them .

Depends how much time you have and how alight it is. Phone sat nav and card of possible. Dependant on how alight it is as well if safe I’d try to drop the trailer so I’ve got a vehicle to get home in unless its the unit on fire obviously.

simcor:

WhiteTruckMan:

Depends how much time you have and how alight it is. Phone sat nav and card of possible. Dependant on how alight it is as well if safe I’d try to drop the trailer so I’ve got a vehicle to get home in unless its the unit on fire obviously.

If it was a Merc I’d leave it attached and ring for a taxi. If it was the trailer was on fire I’d try fan the flames in the direction of the cab.

Wallet…

Keys.

Phone.

Ideally keep the essential bail out stuff in those bags around the waist that were all the rage in the 80’s and wear it while driving, if doing continental work, losing the passport and license would be a pain .
I have seen plenty of EE drivers wearing them .

Pull the pin without doing the lines or legs only takes a sec if it’s the trailer on fire.

Tarmaceater:
Ideally keep the essential bail out stuff in those bags around the waist that were all the rage in the 80’s and wear it while driving, if doing continental work, losing the passport and license would be a pain .
I have seen plenty of EE drivers wearing them .

Yeah let’s all wear bum bags again, and shell suits while we are it.

Bring back the classic Brookside look of Shell suits, permed hair or the classic rock and roll concert tour driver look of the mullet and have the previous ten years of tour lanyards hanging up inside the cab.
Similar to horsey types who display their rosettes and awards in a knackered out Iveco!
For me though it would pull the pin only and let her drop .

My man bag contains everything I would need, passport, cash, cards, licence, keys etc.
I also have a plastic tote box which contains, pens, staplers, tape measures, beer mats, bottle opener, cork screw, tin opener, elastic bands, self tapping screws, calculator, phone chargers, iPod, sun glasses, scissors, knife, teaspoon, salt, pepper, canderel, ear buds, superglue, selfie stick, dog biscuit, toenail clippers, screwdriver with different bits, dental floss, broken watch, cigarette lighters, various colours, flints for lost zippo! 3 paper clips, spare bulb for Christmas tree lights, costco card, broken dart flight, 4:2 domino, Jack of hearts playing card, some expired medical cream in a tube, (label missing) [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheelnut, you have omitted the direct phone number for the boat house in Hereford, for any anti hi Jack scenario I have the SAS on speed dial .

Where’s your trailer height foldable stick measurer, to avoid those embarrassing five minutes of fame on social media for bridge bashing and where is the pyjamas on the list ?

Veet Men’s hair removal cream, for the intimate undercarriage area and ■■■■■■■■■ combination pack of BOGOF.

mrginge:
Pull the pin without doing the lines or legs only takes a sec if it’s the trailer on fire.

You’d better be sharp on the throttle with all the air ■■■■■■■ out of the air lines! I wonder how far away you’d get before everything locked solid?

the maoster:

mrginge:

You’d better be sharp on the throttle with all the air ■■■■■■■ out of the air lines! I wonder how far away you’d get before everything locked solid?

Plus, don’t do it pointing downhill or the bugger will follow you :laughing:

Nearest 18 year old blonde - need something to pass the time till the recovery turns up! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

My camera bag

Timesheet.

I would just grab my bag always have it near me and not on one of the bunks has everything else inside it. Only other thing to grab would be my phone.

Content removed by Admin.

Please read the rules on trolling and baiting.

A true pro would remove digicard first !!