Rugby Services.

Roymondo:
You are indeed having a larf. Ken McMeikan’s salary and bonuses are I’m pretty sure under £1 million (he was on a total package of around £660k when he was in charge at Greggs), while the cost of Rugby Services (including the buildings etc, obviously) has been stated to be in excess of £40 million. But that’s irrelevant anyway - However many millions they had to spend to acquire that site could have been earning money for the company elsewhere regardless of whether it was already in their bank or had to be borrowed in the first place.

Your comparison with other countries is largely explained by just how densely this country is populated - England has four times as many people per sq km as France, twice as many as Germany. You can’t fail to notice the moment you drive off the ferry or train that (other than in major cities) there is so much more space - much of it unused. As a result, land values (and so the cost of simply owning a plot of land) are much lower in those places.

That’s a fair…

Point, I did no research into Mr McMeikan’s remuneration package.

I’m confident Moto invested what ever they did in order to make a profit, they haven’t built the place as good samaritans. I’m also confident, that what ever they paid initially to purchase the land, build the site and then run it will net them a good return on their initial outlay.

The point remains that Moto along with other MSA operators charge very high fees and offer nothing in return for those charges.