Driver CPC, new guidance

Danny_b:

fuse:
W.hat I was getting at was to get the country going again we need to dump things like FORS ,CLOCS ECT Driver cpc In my eyes the clocs and fors are like the mafia you need it to work ,no different to protection money I just do not think they make the job safer

I have to agree with the FORS and the like. It’s just a corporate money maker with no real advantage to the industry. I’ve only done FORS training, none of the others and they insulting and non CPC uploadable but No FORS etc, no chance at contract tenders and so forth. WTD I feel should stay because that seems to have proved to make the roads safer. However like the auld boys will say, isn’t our licence proof of our professional competence not to mention continued hours being recorded on your digi card, dcpc should be scrapped, again just a money maker. If you were to sit your class 2 & 1 plus initial DCPC, medical etc you’re already paying upward of £2.5k. How many other industries have to pay as much as drivers just to go to work or tender for a contract?

Think you’ll find a lot of other skilled industries require refresher courses to work. I’ve just left the rail industry and think it cost my employer iro £500/year to keep my tickets up to date, had I been self employed that would have fallen on me.

Luckily I’m with a haulier who values his staff and pays for their DCPC.

Due to legislation changes, and the amount of times general questions get asked on here and other social media, then some form of regular training/updating is required. And lets face it a full DCPC course is now iro £250 for 5 years, so based on a 40hrs week its 2pence per hour worked to earn a living.