Driver CPC, new guidance

Own Account Driver:
Very sorry To confuse things further but not sure the scaffolding example for o-licence is correct. It won’t matter who the Scaffolding poles belong to it would still be totally fine on a restricted licence. In your example it would fail the test for hire and reward.

Hi OAD,
It’s generally seen as the ownership of the goods being carried that decides the type of ‘O’ licence required.

In my scenario #2 above, the large company needs their scaffolding to be transported.

The transport company in scenario #2 is carrying goods that aren’t theirs, and therefore needs a ‘Standard National’ (= Hire and Reward) ‘O’ licence for that very reason.

:bulb: I feel that there’s some confusion around terminology, because an Own Account ‘O’ licence is called by exactly that name, whereas there’s no such thing in law as a “Hire and Reward ‘O’ licence.”

There are two kinds of Hire and Reward ‘O’ licence, namely: Standard National and Standard International.
In scenario #2, the transport company would need a Standard National ‘O’ licence, because they don’t own the goods being carried and are therefore transporting them for Hire and Reward.

I’d be interested to see “the test for hire and reward” so do you have a link please?