Driver CPC, new guidance

squibby17:

tachograph:
As things stand at the moment, legally you will need to do the DCPC 35 hours periodic training (or initial DCPC mods 2 and 4) before doing the run, however as the DVSA are considering relaxing the rules for drivers who have never done the DCPC things could change at anytime.

I’ve never done my CPC but someone made a comment in another forum last week about just ‘doing’ your CPC online now… having seen this thread on the go, tachograph seems to suggest the same.

When I read through, it seemed that the online training was only to tick the 35 hours training box every five years. Am I right in thinking anyone who hasn’t held a CPC card before still has to go through the four tests? Tachograph seems to suggest it’s an ‘either/or’ thing at the moment?

My class 2 license only dates back to 2014, but if there’s a route to get CPC which I’m stuck not building stages it makes sense to take it!

Thanks

Sorry I missed this or would have answered earlier

If you are a new driver then you need to take module 2 and module 4 before driving. As a JAUPT registered trainer I am not allowed to train those 2 things. They tend to be carried out by the people who do your driving instruction and normally at the same time. The army haven’t been doing these bits with their drivers and so sending them out into the world without a full qualification

The only courses for CPC are the usual CPC courses done through conferencing software and intended for the driver who has held a CPC licence previously or passed their test before 1997

That may of not been explained as well as I would like but at least I tried :smiley: