BEST 'ERGO' ?

Morning all, and its another wet one…will I be Shropshire`s first Rice Paddy farmer? Its looking that way.

I think that it was 1968, on my way back home via Paris that I saw the Boulevard advertisments for the “Salon”, the Paris Motor show. That was it, (and was it not easy to park an artic in those days close to such an event). So I “found time”, to go! Now on the Willeme stand along side the Cottard cab models, both cab over and avec Capot, all sported AEC triangular badges, for AEC engines powered them, there was a sole Ergomatic cab 4x2, on 1100 tyre equipment.

Now I cannot recall at this distance any further details, but I cannot recollect Willeme marketing the Ergo cab as a mainstream product, FF, and FG BMCs yes, and quite obviously there was a strong synergy between AEC and Willeme, as I have written previously.

When I walked back to my S21 Foden, she was being admired by several show goers, probably an unusual lorrry in France at that time, but I was proud of her, and her 150 Gardner!

Out into the rain…Cheerio for now.