''Sweden is looking for Expiernced drivers''

Hi Stephan870 & hutpik,

Thank you very much for replying. I thought I’d get an email when a post hit the chat thus the delayed thank you.

Good that the UK CPC is valid, I’ll get onto it straight away. It will do until my Swedish reaches the required level.

As for licence conversion, I have friends in Brittany so will see if I can convert the Jersey licence in France using their address. I know Jersey truck drivers who do European (mainly Spain & Portugal) runs in triple axle cat Cs, I’ll ask them what licence they are running with, Jersey or Euro.

Thank you for the snowy pic, yes, I’ve given much thought to the climate. I was born in the tropics and seem to have been going against the crowd all along. As everyone else seeks to move to warmer climates, I seem to always head North :slight_smile: . I see every place as package deal, take it all or leave it all. I my late teens and 20s I very much wanted to move to Sweden but life kinda got in the way. Looks like there is some truth to ‘never say never’.

Like an increasing number of people, I am more and more bearish on Europe. As mentioned by another member, either here or another chat, up there trouble has to go to a lot of trouble to find you.

The pandemic was an eye opener too, in how different societies handled it. I like the fact the Swedes did not panic and obliterate the civil rights of their population. That will be of (life saving) importance in the coming years. A good society is a careful balance of collectivism and individualism, we are seriously out of balance in the South.

Thank you again.

Happy new year ! ! !