Do I Need a Car?

newstart:
Thanks for these replies. A car’s a big investment upfront, and it feels like it would be even more pressure on me to pass the test and make a go of it as a career. But if that’s what it takes, that’s what it takes. I just wonder if there are any other who were in the same situation as me when they were first thinking of doing HGV training - having to buy car to get started. Maybe it’s quite unusual for someone with no car to be thinking about this as a career (I’ve got a driving license and some driving experience). Can anyone relate to this?

In a way yes altho I got my car first and had been thinking and planning on aiming for my hgv licence for the 18 months previous (I was waiting to donate a kidney to my partner so that came first but lost him to covid.) I have had my car 5-6 months and will be doing all the practical in the next few weeks. Yes the thought of not earning or saving enough to pay off the car is daunting but iv come this far despite everything so il do it……you will aswell. Good luck!