Weekly rest in 2 consecutive weeks confusion

Zac_A:

switchlogic:
[
One thing I’ve found that many seem to believe are that your work and weekly rest needs to be done within 7 days, confusing it with the work and rest in a 24 hour period for daily rest. It often comes to light that people believe this when they claim you can only work 5 days with a full 45.

There seems to be no limit to what people can get confused about. Rolling fortnights - I once had a guy who just could not grasp the idea that week two of one fortnight becomes week one of the next fortnight, no matter how many pictures I drew (literally). Or the one who insisted it was not possible to legally have “seven days showing on your card” and the guys who “got away” with doing that were just “bosses pets”
Still lots who can’t grasp the idea of “compensation” either.

Sometimes the struggle is to get people to “unlearn” what they believe to be true, sadly in some cases that just isn’t possible, and you have to let them go with handfuls of “further information” or links to downloads, and an encouragement to “come back and see me if you want any more help”. It’s no wonder that drivers hours courses are the ones that DVSA don’t bat an eyelid at when someone wants to repeat it.

But look at me, defending the pointless driver tax that no one needs :unamused: :laughing:

7 days on my card? How can I do this? Do you have any examples?