where to start

ROG:

Nick911:

ROG:
If you have passed mod 4 and LGV C then DVLA will automatically issue the DQC
The mod 4 test pass certificate is often acceptable by employers until the DQC arrives

okay that’s great to know , so I should receive my new driving licence and DQC soon .

I gave my driving licence to the examiner as I already passed my mod 4 and didn’t need it anymore , in the meantime I’ll just take my LGV C pass certificate + Mod 4 pass certificate + tacho card to my job interview on Thursday , or I might receive my new licence before my interview .

exciting times ahead :smiley:

Many employers want to see the physical licence so be prepared for that

yeah that makes sense , hopefully my licence arrives by Thursday , if not I will still go on the interview and explain the situation .

my initial plan was to do my class 1 right after passing my class 2 but I know there is long waiting list due to lockdown , so I am just gonna try to find a job and gain some experience before doing my class 1 when the situation relaxes a little bit .

So basically I got an interview with brakes in Park Royal London which is only 3 miles away from where I live .
they seem like nice people over the phone/email and I told them that I passed my test just a few days ago and they are fine with that so I really appreciate that .

they told me the job involves 15-20 drops a day , mon-fri with one Saturday every four weeks and the salary is £35000 a year which is decent for a newly passed and I also appreciate all the company benefits such as holidays etc .

I understand the job is hard and involves a lot of lifting but I also acknowledge as a newly passed driver the most important thing to me is to gain experience and to get some hours behind that tacho , so I would be really happy if they gave me the job because that means I found a job one week after passing my test with minimum time wasted .

Any advice on what to expect on my interview day and any information about the company from people who previously worked for them would be highly appreciated .

Thanks