Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

marktaff:

Dennis Javelin:

robthedog:
Couple of old Bedfords

Ex Pickfords. Strange that they painted over the Pickfords livery but retained the fleet no’s.

Pickfords used to sell off the vans when they reached 8 years old. I always found it strange that they sold off perfectly serviceable vehicles complete with the bodywork. The only people who would be interested in buying up these vehicles were, by and large, companies that would be competing against them.

Dennis Javelin the Bedford KM it’s not Ex Pickfords it is Pickfords …Thoms Rowe were part of Pickfords in the late 70s they put huge batch of these KMs on the road all in the blue colour …they just put the names of the companies they had acquired on the new vehicles…the new vehicles arrived at Griff Fender in Swansea that colour with the name on just like this one …Fenders ran them for a while in that colour but later put there own logo a colours on them…this one here arrived in those colours and logo pretty much the same… Stringfellows of Wigan had a batch also in the same Pickfords Blue at that time

Thanks for that - every day’s a school day on here :laughing: I joined Pickfords in June 81 but I don’t recall them ever running under the name of anyone else.