Cumbria companies

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:
Hey Hodge who got the job of dredging 6,000 ton of gravel oot’ of’t Greta at Keswick----- I’d heer’d it was a new outfit frae Flimby----- PH Excavations or summat eh! Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis The Environment Agency take it out and Thomas Armstrongs take it,goes to Overby Sand Quarry.But for some reason they always leave a wide bit bottom side of the Hospital and also in the bottom corner don’t know why they just don’t clean it right out Hodge

Thanks for the gen Paul ! So they leave a l’al bit for next time eh! There’s the big scheme starting down here in Kendal on the river Kent the two Contractor ( Volker Stevins I think) sites are up and ready at each end of the town and they are gonna start felling umpteen trees along the banks. The “Tree Huggers” are going bananas but summat had to be done 'cause 2000 houses were washed out when the last big flood happened and two properties I have lived in over the years had 5 foot of watter in them it was unbelievable 'cause neither properties had been flooded for a hundred years apparently. I can remember in about 1960 a firm from Carlisle , Ginger Liddles, dredged the river in a big way which done the job for many years and the River Board done bits over the 80’s and 90’s removing a lot of gravel but it needs a lot of work now and quickly cause they have done nowt since the big flood.
Cheers Dennis.