roping and sheeting

andrew.s:

Spardo:
I am really impressed ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ and Andrew. I would love to re-create some of my much loved vehicles of yesteryear but sadly am sure I do not have the talent or patience. But tell me what exactly do you get in a kit and how much do you have to make yourselves? I have noted what you said about tying the ropes, that alone would put me off but I would be interested to know. :smiley:

The Bedford KM was a full kit, mostly resin but everything there to make it apart from 5th wheel, susies and rear mudguards I think-.the single axle trailer consists of a chassis from a model kit that I chopped about,and the actual bed and headboard was scratch built from plastic.
The Transcon is from the same company (Kit Form Serices) but consists of the cab and interior and bumper etc but required a Volvo f12 model kit chassis to complete it,with a fair bit of modification,the York trailer is a complete kit, but I’ve modified it quite a lot to look like the one we owned.
I am the most impatient person in the world,I find making these models therapeutic.I actually started doing it because hardly any photos exist of any of the lorries my father owned,so I’ve been gradually working my way through the vehicles we owned,but I’ve made a few for close friends along the way.
I have a v6 Detroit powered Bedford TM to do at some point,and another KM artic or two.
Thanks for the kind words, these really are a labour of love

Wow, thank you for that, but you have convinced me it is not for me sadly. I am really envious though. :smiley:
I have 4 models ranging from a limited edition made for the FTA and given to me as a local chairman on their 50th anniversary, to a large Scania wagon and drag in Comecon logos, but nothing like yours. The other 2, descending in size are a Christian Salveson artic and a small Transcon drawbar in Elf colours.