Long gone sussex hauliers

simon101:

freddyboy:
Your right about 14, they were great looking trucks in the day, as were the Dafs and still look good even now. I found this Scac picture a while ago, don’t know who’s it is ! Do you remember Peter Kent with the 88 and Terry Blackman with the Maggi ?

I remember those SCACs, when I started for Jim we were on there, before I went TOE. Transferry had Bob Williams in the office with Eddie and Charles. After those flimsy Galopin trailers the side doors seemed to weigh a ton. At least they were strong enough to keep the steel in.
Yes, I remember them both, Peter was a great one for the CB, I understand he died very young. And Terry and his Maggi, he was from Porstsmouth way wasn’t he? Another ladies man :smiley: :smiley:. Talking of which, there was Blondie (Linda ? ) from Farnham way with a Seddon I think. A proper lorry driver, never scared to get stuck in. Not sure who that is with the MAN, dont remember seeing that.

Hi,

New on the forum and came across this post.

I used to work for SCAC at Newhaven and I’m pretty sure I remember that yellow DAF. Jim Boniface’s wasn’t it? We had our office in Portakabins in Transit Road.

We took over the haulage from Transferry, who moved over to Galopin. Among the drivers, I remember Terry who went to Australia (and came back IIRC) and Howard. There were other drivers whose names I forget: one had a White Road Commander and another guy had a beat up Atki with a day cab that apparently went like the clappers.

I must see if I can find some photos.