Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

Hi Ray; Yes David Park had most of the Leadworks traffic, IIRC He was their T/M And took their wagons on and started on his own, He was later taken over by another firm but I cant think of their name. I used to get a lot of work from there myself but this was Cargo Transporters work who had a office on the Quayside ; Larry.

I’m sure David Park ran Tyne Shipping and Forwarding based at Bowburn Ind Est, Durham early 80’s when I did a short spell for them running pipes from Hartlepool Mill to Portobello, Edinburgh. This was likely after the Leadworks and I believe they went out of business by the mid 80’s. I was often in the Elswick works with my Father in the 60’s Ouseburn held a huge tonnage of lead in their warehouses on the Newcastle and Gateshead side of the Tyne where it was distributed from. My older Brother worked there too moulding and stacking the ingots, dirty hard and heavy graft, good job he was built like the proverbial! Little did I realise I’d be loading and delivering from the same place myself years later and it had changed very little. Franky.