Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

jshepguis:
Well said those last two articles about all that is wrong about the Driving profession today, although on this website it is preaching to the masses that already know where the problems lie. This is the type of message that should be front page or main news to let the vast amount of the public who are ignorant of the actual facts of the driver shortage. It is a worldwide problem as the good ol USA is also experiencing a vast driver shortage. I personally haven’t driven for hire and reward since overnight i couldn’t drive due to not having done the dreaded CPC , but in the last year have been asked numerous times, if i wanted to start driving again part time but think that’s it for me, which is a shame really.

Please dont give up, there are hundreds of drivers like you who now cannot work because of the drivers CPC which is a totally useless piece of legislation, like you they may only want to work for a couple days a week but cant when they have 30/40 years of experience and certainly dont need telling or hold a qualification on how to do the job. Perhaps one good thing about the present situation is that those who supressed wages in the past are now being forced to pay decent money or go without staff, if that useless CPC were done away with and all like you who want to do just a little would certainly help the current situation but the Government is blind to the obvious, lets hope some one see’s sense and soon, Buzzer.