How often do you check your mirrors …………

facebook.com/story.php?stor … 47834&_rdr

Plenty of opportunities to warn the driver, but no let’s film it for comedy value [emoji28]

Crazy son of ■■■■■!
Must of been foot down Friday :laughing:

The car driver behind is just as bad, why would you drive so close behind him? :open_mouth:

stu675:
Plenty of opportunities to warn the driver, but no let’s film it for comedy value [emoji28]

What would you strategy be to get their attention if they ain’t using their mirrors?

Would you have to drive close enough to get it’s numberplate, ring a WS depot that it might be from who could find out who is driving it, ring said driver for them to pull over.

Or ring the police and they could sent someone out to intercept it before the accident.

Overtake the lorry on a short straight and then brake Infront of them in a controlled stop.

Probably other ideas, but you only have 2mins to do it.

That’s the A15…

Northbound through the village of Folkingham.

Another brain dead steering wheel attendant. The only way he’ll notice it’s gone is when he sees the feed on Facebook.

Definatly foot down friday!

yourhavingalarf:
That’s the A15…

Northbound through the village of Folkingham.

Another brain dead steering wheel attendant. The only way he’ll notice it’s gone is when he sees the feed on Facebook.

It is. I live quite near and use it quite a bit. And the chances of anybody getting past that lorry on that stretch so you could flag him down is somewhere between zero and nothing. Even if you didn’t stand a good chance of his load falling on you while you tried.
Bernard

stu675:

Didn’t watch the video then?

As with the tipper hitting the gantry in Bristol I’m absolutely amazed how little some truck drivers use their mirrors. In case of tipper I find it mind boggling how he seemingly got into motorway without using the mirrors and similar here how it actually came off and he was blind to it. As I was saying on CPC course yesterday when I started out the biggest thing my Dad made sure to drum into me was ‘live in the mirrors’.

switchlogic:

stu675:

I can’t, as you need the Facebook app, which I refuse to use!!!

mrginge:

stu675:

What would you strategy be to get their attention if they ain’t using their mirrors?

Would you have to drive close enough to get it’s numberplate, ring a WS depot that it might be from who could find out who is driving it, ring said driver for them to pull over.

Or ring the police and they could sent someone out to intercept it before the accident.

Overtake the lorry on a short straight and then brake Infront of them in a controlled stop.

Do you not have a horn fitted to your vehicle?

Why would anyone take delight in such a situation like these in the car where doing/

Stephenjp:

switchlogic:

stu675:

So you commented on a link you had no idea what it contained? :smiley:

Macski:

mrginge:

stu675:

Do you not have a horn fitted to your vehicle?

Why would anyone take delight in such a situation like these in the car where doing/

God knows how loud your horn is :smiley: He literally has half his load move then fall off and you think a car horn from quarter of a mile back would get his attention? :smiley: You have a very valid point re most videos but not really this one to be fair.

switchlogic:

Stephenjp:

switchlogic:

stu675:

Yes!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

what a FRICKKIN disgrace…100 % certified COCKWOMBLE

switchlogic:

Stephenjp:

switchlogic:

stu675:

Not sure you need to be a face booker to see ,I’am not and I posted the link .

I’m not…

A Facebook subscriber/account holder/sheep and it played ok for me.

The noise of that hopper falling off would have woken the dead - couldn’t see clearly but no sign of any immediate reaction from the person in the cab.

mrginge:

Overtake the lorry on a short straight and then brake Infront of them in a controlled stop…

From 37 seconds to 45 seconds on the video the white car could have overtaken instead of letting branches rain down on him.

stu675:

mrginge:

Overtake the lorry on a short straight and then brake Infront of them in a controlled stop…

From 37 seconds to 45 seconds on the video the white car could have overtaken instead of letting branches rain down on him.

Overtake a lorry knocking branches off trees? A lorry with an insecure load.
In a whole 8 seconds?

He backed off, and stopped safely when the load fell off.