Thoughts?

So this guy parked at Rugby services this morning. There was loads of room in the lorry park so he wasn’t causing me or anyone else any problems per se, but I wondered if it was just me that did the old shake of the head and made lots of (maybe baseless) assumptions on the type of driver he is. In my mind anyone who’ll park sideways across six bays rather than reverse into one will also display a lack of courtesy and will not consider for a second the impact on others that his arrogant actions may have.

Trying to think of a reasonable explanation or reason, as to why somebody would park like that . . . and i cant.
So i presume the driver is simply a ■■■■

My guess would be that the lorry park was empty and he’d just pulled up to do something that takes 30 seconds to do, like getting something out of a locker?

Harry Monk:
My guess would be that the lorry park was empty and he’d just pulled up to do something that takes 30 seconds to do, like getting something out of a locker?

Or busting for the toilet.

Harry Monk:

My immediate thought too H. I came back from the shower to see that parking and thought what you did. My illusion was shattered ten minutes later as he waddled back festooned with Greggs bags.

the maoster:
So this guy parked at Rugby services this morning. There was loads of room in the lorry park so he wasn’t causing me or anyone else any problems per se, but I wondered if it was just me that did the old shake of the head and made lots of (maybe baseless) assumptions on the type of driver he is. In my mind anyone who’ll park sideways across six bays rather than reverse into one will also display a lack of courtesy and will not consider for a second the impact on others that his arrogant actions may have.

Be careful moaster they get really upset about pictures being posted up on here , though you do seem to have got the hang of them being in the correct orientation
As for how he’s parked , does look idleness, but maybe he’s got a genuine reason

If the driver parked like that without a good reason he should be too embarrassed to call himself a professional driver :unamused:

Could be performance anxiety due to lack of reversing experience/skill and ‘‘only taking a 15’’. I’m not projecting at all btw :blush:

ETS:
Could be performance anxiety due to lack of reversing experience/skill and ‘‘only taking a 15’’. I’m not projecting at all btw :blush:

:smiley: :smiley: I was honestly trying not to judge but it’s sooo difficult. In my mind he was the type of guy who thinks that merely indicating left is an acceptable acknowledgment to being flashed in, the guy who doesn’t thank you for holding a door open for him, the guy who parks on the pumps for a break despite the lorry park 100 feet away being empty. You get my drift.

the maoster:

ETS:

:smiley: :smiley: I was honestly trying not to judge but it’s sooo difficult. In my mind he was the type of guy who thinks that merely indicating left is an acceptable acknowledgment to being flashed in, the guy who doesn’t thank you for holding a door open for him, the guy who parks on the pumps for a break despite the lorry park 100 feet away being empty. You get my drift.

We share the same streets as the folk unfortunately.

Lad I work with won’t take his break in certain services because he poos his pants about a difficult reverse with the other drivers watching on

This is the new Covid gen way to park if you park this way obstructing everything and more bays than you need. We can claim all lorry parks are full and we need x amount of more spaces
So he’s doing us all a favour really.
We could all learn of these new gen?
How to be a selfish ■■■■!

Chill. Getting a life of ones own, not that based on what others do or say. Interacting with real life people, working on empathy

The artic is well aligned not obstructing traffic, just snap parked up not to breach driving hours needing a 45 or 30’ to complete it.

_JD:
Chill. Getting a life of ones own, not that based on what others do or say. Interacting with real life people, working on empathy

The artic is well aligned not obstructing traffic, just snap parked up not to breach driving hours needing a 45 or 30’ to complete it.

So if that’s the case, his ■■■■ poor planning by driving to last second with no time to even reverse in properly, …his incompetence and shear disregard for his fellow drivers,.consequently then causes the next 5 trucks that come in unable to park up for THEIR (better planned) breaks. :bulb:
And that’s acceptable eh?
Ok got it.
:unamused:

Probably desperately trying to put distance between himself and the truck, before anyone saw him driving a Daf. :laughing:

we have a couple of driver’s :laughing: at our place who try to avoid MSM’s like the plague,because they are terrified of reversing.they have their break at one of our stores,or in a lay-by.

Pure laziness most likely.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

…And then he went round to the diesel pumps and had the rest of his break fuelling up :laughing:

ETS:

i may be out of turn here as a lowly class 2 wallah ,but wouldnt a near empty park be a good opportunity for a practice ■■

oh for the love of god :laughing: its not even a 90 deg reverse either, nothing for miles, its the easiest reverse you gonna get :unamused:

“waddled back festooned with Greggs bags” Perfect, no need for a picture here, that description is more than adequate to imagine the food stained t shirt and joggers to allow for the huge overhang :laughing:

Yes,if only recently passed his test,he might not know how to reverse!We have a guy at our place takes half an hour to get into the space because he hasnt been trained properly.