Thoughts?

syramax:

ETS:
Could be performance anxiety due to lack of reversing experience/skill and ‘‘only taking a 15’’. I’m not projecting at all btw :blush:

i may be out of turn here as a lowly class 2 wallah ,but wouldnt a near empty park be a good opportunity for a practice ■■

It makes it worse (in my own mind…) if I don’t get it right the 1st time because others watching. I mean look at this very thread someone does something stupid and within 5 minutes they’re all over the internets/FB

ETS:

syramax:

ETS:
Could be performance anxiety due to lack of reversing experience/skill and ‘‘only taking a 15’’. I’m not projecting at all btw :blush:

i may be out of turn here as a lowly class 2 wallah ,but wouldnt a near empty park be a good opportunity for a practice ■■

It makes it worse (in my own mind…) if I don’t get it right the 1st time because others watching. I mean look at this very thread someone does something stupid and within 5 minutes they’re all over the internets/FB

Thing is mate I wouldn’t worry about that, because the only type of ■■■■ that would be filming you is one of or all the types that Maoster listed…ie car drivers with blagged Class 1s,.who will never be truckers as long as they have that proverbial orifice,.where as a proper driver will see you are struggling and get out to help/advise you on your dodgy reversing.
We’ve all had to learn,.I was the world’s worst, so I used to set myself challenges to get better at every opportunity.

The difference with this thread is it’s a proper driver criticising, outing and showing up a complete ■■■■ .!

ETS:

syramax:

ETS:

No shame in doing a few shunts.Dont worry about who is there,they have to wait

its something of nothing

Sploom:
Yes,if only recently passed his test,he might not know how to reverse!We have a guy at our place takes half an hour to get into the space because he hasnt been trained properly.

No excuses, this would be an ideal time for him to get some practice in if he’s a recent pass. This is why newbie drivers find it hard to get work, no one wants to hear that they can’t do this or can’t do that, practice makes perfect and it’s down to the individual to take opportunities to practice - absolutely no need for “training” in the normal sense of something that has been planned and administered by someone else.

robroy:

ETS:

syramax:

ETS:

It makes it worse (in
Thing is mate I wouldn’t worry about that, because the only type of [zb] that would be filming you is one of or all the types that Maoster listed…ie car drivers with blagged Class 1s,.who will never be truckers as long as they have that proverbial orifice,.where as a proper driver will see you are struggling and get out to help/advise you on your dodgy reversing.
We’ve all had to learn,.I was the world’s worst, so I used to set myself challenges to get better at every opportunity.

The difference with this thread is it’s a proper driver criticising, outing and showing up a complete [zb] .!

I dont advise them.The last time I tried to do that,the driver put his hands up to shoo me away.Its a pride thing for some drivers,being shown the correct way.He had tried several times to reverse in diagnally instead of getting the trailer lined up to go straight in

Sploom:
I dont advise them.The last time I tried to do that,the driver put his hands up to shoo me away.Its a pride thing for some drivers,being shown the correct way.He had tried several times to reverse in diagnally instead of getting the trailer lined up to go straight in

Yep, I no longer help after being told to [zb] off and mind yer own business "
Some clowns just can’t be helped

This standard of vehicle abandonment/incompetence due to idleness lack of thought or just plain belligerence has always dogged our industry.
It would have taken 20 seconds to have reversed in properly, there’s a sizeable and growing number i work with who do this in our own yard, they sometimes congregate and you find up to 3 of them at all angles completely blocking off one of the busiest points of the yard causing inconvenience and delay to everyone normal.
It won’t come as a great surprise the competence and quality of work of those who do this.

If maneuvering is a problem to people who do this, then avoiding simple reverses like this one is the height of stupidity because you only get good at reversing by doing it as often as possible until you get it, even after all my years i still perform a blind side where possible every single day to keep my hand in, by regular practice to keep ones hand in when the really nasty unavoidable situation arises it isn’t a drama, as with so many things use it or lose it.

Sploom:

Yeah?..is that right.
Funny is that, any time I have gone to help somebody who was struggling, they have taken it in the right spirit.
In the old days it was just the done thing to watch a driver in, you’d get at least 2 or 3 drivers jumping out of their cabs.
Thing is with the array of sorry arsed dicks who pretend to be drivers today, they’d be more likely to point their phone at the struggling new driver hoping that he’d f.up. :unamused:

Maybe it was the way you approached him… :bulb: Hey man… it’s just occured to me , you weren’t doing your famous missionary routine and trying to convert him at the same time were you??..like running over to him with a bible under your arm? :smiley:
That is what will have put him off…trust me. :wink: : :laughing:
(Sorry mate couldn’t resist :blush: :smiley: )

Thats alright,glad to hear you still remember our conversations,its still at the back of your mind!

Sploom:
Thats alright,glad to hear you still remember our conversations,its still at the back of your mind!

Aye, but I still.aint going to church. :smiley:

Then you’ll appreciate this - I love this scene so much :sunglasses:
youtu.be/jARp24AJWLk

The devil must love it when he has guys like this to do his bidding!

Thoughts?

Hold the thread, I’ll go and get some bombed-out Ukranian orphans in on this discussion. They’d love to hear about the monstrous lorry driver taking up 6 bays in a near empty lorry park for 10 minutes while he nips for a ■■■, and muse over the fact that he probably doesn’t blink his right indicator when flashed in.

ezydriver:
Thoughts?

Hold the thread, I’ll go and get some bombed-out Ukranian orphans in on this discussion. They’d love to hear about the monstrous lorry driver taking up 6 bays in a near empty lorry park for 10 minutes while he nips for a ■■■, and muse over the fact that he probably doesn’t blink his right indicator when flashed in.

You are of course correct that in the grand scheme of things careless parking doesn’t even figure on the radar when compared to those things that you are quite rightly passionate about such as war orphans.

However the PDF is a place to discuss trucks and trucking. Perhaps you should start a thread in Bullys about the plight of these unfortunates. Not only is it the correct forum for it but we can also all marvel at your humanity at the same time.

ezydriver:
Thoughts?

Of course you are absolutely correct,.what the hell were we all thinking. :open_mouth:
Why don’t we all PM Dave and get the forum taken down…In fact don’t even do that, it ain’t important, let’s just focus completely on Ukranian orphans and all stay at home contemplating. :bulb:

Ffs man ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

ezydriver:
Thoughts?

I’ll see your “bombed out Ukrainian orphans”, and raise you “Starving Yemeni orphans”…

Sploom:
The devil must love it when he has guys like this to do his bidding!

If he was real, then I’m quite sure he’d be an Al Pacino fan. But seeing as Scientology is the only true religion, I’m more interested in what our extraterrestial reptile overlords think of Al