Felixstowe Strike

news.sky.com/story/uks-largest- … s-12660614

If it goes ahead, it`ll mean massive disruption for road transport.
Clearly container drivers will be affected first, then if there is significant effect on imports, other sectors will follow.

What sort of money do the dock workers earn? I’d always thought it was pretty good?

One of the…

Few perfect fit jobs for full automation.

Kick 'em all out and run the whole operation remotely.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=22SvOhI47Tw

Ex Haulier:
What sort of money do the dock workers earn? I’d always thought it was pretty good?

In 2020 it was £100,000 per-annum for 7 hrs work per week.
At least, that is what Chris Grayling was getting.
I doubt they are all on such a rate.

Stupid Brexit!

Ex Haulier:

I cannot remember the figures but an old mate of mine told me his earnings and to be honest it wasnt great.

yourhavingalarf:
One of the…

That is as beautiful, as it is terrifying… :sunglasses:

yourhavingalarf:
One of the…

Put them all on the dole, or let them retrain as truck drivers.
That way we get to pay less for goods moving in the docks and pay less for transport, as drivers` wages will be cut because of an available labour glut.

“Solidarity with the Shareholders” ?
suffolknews.co.uk/felixstow … y-9266343/
“Unite general secretary Sharon Graham said: “The bottom line is this is an extremely wealthy company that can fully afford to give its workers a pay rise. Instead it chose to give bonanza pay outs to shareholders touching £100 million.”

Never mind.
Since we have legislation allowing temp workers to replace strikers, and Truss seemingly wantong to outlaw strikes, and already we aren`t allowed to make protest as we once were…
What use is a strike anyway?

gov.uk/government/news/new- … ike-action

youtube.com/watch?v=FdF_0f7QlAg

libertyhumanrights.org.uk/a … the%20area.

Any legal right of protest left? Who we gonna call?
Court of Human Rights?
Lets see whether anyone listens to our Attorney Generals (Braverman) call for us to join Russia outside of that jurisdiction?

Kill a Filthy today.

I see the ‘‘Representative of the working people’’ who leads what is supposed to be the ‘‘Party for the working people’’ has sacked one of his top ministers for showing support for striking railway workers (his own ex colleagues)
So now the ‘‘Labour Party’’ is clearly going against the organisation that was the original catalyst for it’s very existence…you couldn’t make it up. :laughing:
The Tories are far from perfect …and then some :unamused: (morning Mr Darkside :smiley: ) but wtf has happened to that party,that my own Granda used to support and love, will they ever get back into power by the majority vote of the working people?
They need a charismatic off the wall type character that will appeal to the people,
What do ya reck Frangers, somebody a bit like, dare I say it…Boris. :smiley:

The bit about the dock co.s giving absolute millions to their shareholders and refusing a pay raise to their workers just about sums things up btw.
The old style class system in the UK is alive and well…and absolutely rocking it.

Yes class is exactly what its all about these days and people are too bamboozled by the propaganda machine in the corner to realise it.

They’ve gradually divided and split the working people of not just this country but the entire world by citing hatreds where they shouldn’t exist, to paraphrase our old mate Maoster (he’s right) don’t let rich people tell you who you should hate or fear.

99%+ of us throughout the world of all colours and creeds are just ordinary working people, trying against all the odds to keep a roof over our heads to live our lives and raise our families in peace without some overbearing state and petty dictators installed like ticks in once honourable political parties interfering in every aspect of our lives.

Its not black against white, or one religious belief against another, that’s what increasingly megalomaniac mutli billionaires dictators/politicians the corrupt state and equally corrupt media or rather those who own them all tell us.

Getting back to political parties in this country, Peter Hitchens is right, they are like two corpses long since decayed and putrefied, propping each other up fused together inseperable like some macabre set from a horror film, sadly this horror is real and the working people of not just this country but whole swathes of the world have fallen for the scam, for that’s what modern politics is.
There is no left and right any more the lines have blurred and crossed, there are the rich on one side and the proles, us, on the other.

^^^^^^
''Divide and conquer ‘’ as they say,.and that is exactly what has been going on (and achieved) since the late 80s with drip feed propaganda etc…especially about Unions…
Just look at some of the comments on here for instance,.we all know T.Unions (and ‘unions’ with a small ‘u’, …ie people sticking together to avoid unfairness and injustices in the work place) are of no use unless they are in a majority, but those who slag them off are either too blind, too stupid (or both) , to see that firms with a strong Union presence are on far better T.s & C.s than those who are not on the whole…fact whether they like it or not.
You can not rely on employer compassion empathy or understsnding…there ain’t any. :bulb:
So you have 3 choices ■■■■ it up bent over, join a PROPER union,.either internal or official trade, or look after yourself best you can and ■■■■ those who ain’t interested .

As I said…‘Divide and Conquer’ which is why there are zero hour contracts in some industries and as an example such crap as cameras in cabs in ours. :bulb:

Just to clarify Starmer did not sack Sam Tarry for supporting a union, Labour continue to support the unions.

He was sacked for lying about his Shadow Cabinet position, making false policy statements to the MSM and not clearing the interview with the party first.

What we need is better legislation. Stuff this zero hours (with no permission to work elsewhere especially) and two years! probation period. Unwritten contracts and vague promises, no rights to funds for what is compulsory training to keep your job.

What about some of this?

Employers must inform workers in writing, and at the latest within a week from the first working day, of the basic elements of the employment relationship, including:
the identity of the parties to the employment relationship, the place of work and the nature of the activity;
the start date and, if it is fixed-term, end date, as well as the duration and conditions of any probationary period;
basic pay, any other component of remuneration, including overtime, and the frequency and method of payment;
the duration of the normal workday or week when the work rhythm is predictable;
where the pattern of work is unpredictable, employers must inform workers of the reference hours and days on which they may be called upon to work, the minimum notice before starting work and the number of guaranteed paid hours.

The right to:
not have the probationary period exceed 6 months, unless it is in the worker’s interest or when the activity justifies it;
work for another employer outside the established working hours without unfavourable treatment, unless incompatibility restrictions are justified on objective grounds;
for workers whose work pattern is decided by the employer and is entirely or mostly unpredictable, the right to refuse a work assignment outside previously defined reference hours and days without suffering adverse consequences;
request, after six months’ service with the same employer, a job with more predictable and secure working conditions;
receive training cost free, when the employer is required by EU or national legislation or collective agreements to provide such training.

Thatd be a start wouldnt it?

It would be, however the objective is to modernise working conditions and that in the eyes of the government and employers is a return to the conditions of the 18th century, in other words before there were any of these pesky trade unions.

Darkside:
Just to clarify Starmer did not sack Sam Tarry for supporting a union, Labour continue to support the unions.

He was sacked for lying about his Shadow Cabinet position, making false policy statements to the MSM and not clearing the interview with the party first.

Cheers.
I stand corrected then.
Has Starmer actually said that he supports these strikes then or what?

Sack the whole lot. They are too fussy ask you to move when putting on or lifting a box. The automated side is better less hassle and always out in less than 10 minutes. The automated driverless trucks are coming in September.

cav551:
It would be, {ref to my prev post.F} however the objective is to modernise working conditions and that in the eyes of the government and employers is a return to the conditions of the 18th century, in other words before there were any of these pesky trade unions.

My prev post had some good ideas didn`t it? Not claiming them as my own of course! :smiley:
You can find some more here

eur-lex.europa.eu/EN/legal-cont … %20offered.

EU law since 2019.

Franglais:

cav551:
It would be, {ref to my prev post.F} however the objective is to modernise working conditions and that in the eyes of the government and employers is a return to the conditions of the 18th century, in other words before there were any of these pesky trade unions.

My prev post had some good ideas didn`t it? Not claiming them as my own of course! :smiley:
You can find some more here

eur-lex.europa.eu/EN/legal-cont … %20offered.

EU law since 2019.

Not checked it out, but I’m assuming it’s some EU cack?
I’m not sure if you’re aware, so I better inform you, and break the news.
We had a referendum about 5 years ago, and…

We ain’t in the EU anymore. :open_mouth:
You’re welcome. :wink: :sunglasses:

youtu.be/kHue-HaXXzg