Driving HGV in Los Angeles

Sabretooth:
I said choose a Reputable Company not Best in Class !!! The three I mentioned are Reputable companies and have a long track record to prove it. If you have verifiable information to the contrary please post it.
And you will find every company has bad publicity and are tarnished with a bad publicity, Generally by those who found they had to work rather than assume they could sit back and draw a multi million Dollar pay check for doing nothing. You will also find Owner Operators don’t complain they go else where if they are not satisfied,. And the three mentioned have many Owner Operators and are recruiting both Owners and Company drivers without problems. If they were as bad as you make out, they would have no drivers resulting in no Work !!!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swift_Transportation

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schneider_National

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._B._Hunt

Reputable = Having a good reputation and able to be trusted:

Best in Class = It is the best of its kind:

Well I would say these three companies have a poor reputation amongst drivers, all they want is ‘meat in the seat’. Schneider National had a high driver turnover rate as did other companies. Like you said most of them pay by the mile and not much else so drivers put in quite a few unpaid hours. The drivers who do a dedicated day runs seem to make out the best. It’s not just the companies mentioned either, most big outfits will hire anybody and the standard of driving has dropped considerably.

But having said that you have to start somewhere so it’s a good way to get experience.