US-Canada border crossing only for the vaccinated drivers

Harry Monk:

Franglais:

stu675:
Plus which would you be more willing to accept, death from a disease that you caught or death from some procedure you chose to participate in?

Peculiar question.
I wish to protect myself from premature death and illness from all causes.

The risk of death from Covid is far, far greater than the risk of death from vaccines.
Clearly it is better to have a tiny risk from vaccine, than a greater risk from Covid.

In the last two years there have been just over 17,000 deaths from Covid where there was no underlying cause, not the 150,000+ regularly claimed by the mainstream media. This is fewer than in an average flu season.

Source- ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transpar … yingcauses

I dont know what this has to with my post? But Ill talk a little about it if you like.

I`ve put other posts up about how deaths are recorded by the ONS, and how these may be different to other stats.
To understand what is going on I really think the ONS site should be closely at, not just tiny sections of it, and not just posts like mine!

But just a quick point.
About 66% of the UK adult population is overweight, 25-ish-% are obese, over 10% have heart problems, nearly 5% have been diagnosed with cancer, nearly 10% lung conditions. All of these are known. There are also those with undiagnosed issues.
Not the least bit surprising that the fittest die less from Covid (or anything else) than those already with a malady is it?

If you are obese or have a heart condition you may have many active years in front of you.
Looking at the figures above, do we expect 50% of the UK population to drop dead next year? Of course not.
Having a pre-existing condition does not mean you are on your last legs.

If you are knocked down in the street and die most would say that the accident killed you.
If you were a stone overweight, would you discount the accident as a cause of death? If you were under going cancer treatment would that mean the accident wasn`t the cause?

You can cherry pick that tiny part of the ONS stats, or look at the wider excess mortality stats that those 17,000 are a subset of.
ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation … cember2021
A bigger and more complete idea, but still just a glimpse of what might be happening.

Edit to add a link. Although I guess it will be misread by many.
ft.com/content/74346367-3d0 … 10c8917b12