Caught drink and drug driving.

JeffA:

Bin Man:

JeffA:

Bin Man:

Winseer:
Alcohol is legal to drink at any levels, providing you are not driving nor operating/in charge of machinery, or being a general nuisance in public.

Spot on, its not illegal to drink alcohol it is illegal to drive while over the drink drive limit, it is illegal to take the type of drugs the roadside drug test picks these drivers up on so the message is if you take illegal drugs don’t drive.

If the only argument against something is “cos its illegal” then its a good bet it should be legal.

Well obviously its not the only reason as i said you can have a couple of pints at 7 p.m and get up for work the next day at 8 a.m you know you would pass a breathalyser, if you have two joints at the same time and get up at the same time you wont pass the test and it makes no odds to me that you think the level in the drug test is too low you haven’t a clue what effect the stuff you have been smoking will have on your driving so don’t smoke anything that could impair your judgment when you are going to drive.

I also hate drug dealers with a vengeance they have invaded our town as they have most towns round here they are the scum of the earth and anyone who keeps them in business, smokes the [zb] they sell then drives knowing the consequences deserves everything they get.

Yeah but saying “cos i dont like it” isnt much of an argument is it. I hate drunken football fans shutting roads and causing disruption every matchday - but I dont say ban football and arrest them.

Lets set the alcohol level at 2 as well - drink is by far the biggest cause of accidents when driving so by your argument we ban alcohol. Simples.

Good logical sense.
I’ll bet health officials are in favour of it.
I’ll bet politicians concerned with votes aren’t.
If alcohol hadn’t been legal for ever and widely used, if it was a “new invention” I bet it would be outlawed straight off.