Tesco strike part 2

Carryfast:

Winseer:

sweepster:
I can never understand different rates depending where you work, you should all be on the same basic. The only difference should be London weighting.

Are agency rates at the various RDCs different too?

On the other hand, NO one gets paid extra for running INTO London - do they?

Sadiste Khaaan’s Ultra Lifestyle-Ending Zone (ULEZ) means that there must surely now be a death of HGV yards actually operating out of the inner London area?

Presumably, for future food deliveries - Artics won’t come into the ULEZ so much, and puddle jumpers will be coming OUT to fetch and carry from Home Counties-based RDCs…?

Home Counties v London is irrelevant for cost of living comparisons.
It’s always been cheaper to base a truck in Durham than Dorking at least since 1980 and you’ll still need a much higher wage to live in Dorking.

As for Euro 6 unless you’re running an old ■■■■■■■ powered Foden 4000 series it’s a moot point.Most recent types of trucks contain built in obsolescence in the form of unsustainable maintanence costs.Which generally means leasing new compliant kit anyway.

I never bothered keeping “Top Trumps” stats for the vehicles I’ve driven over the years…

If it’s roadworthy, I’ll drive what’s given me - if not, I’ll defect it, and ask for another. if appropriate.

I can’t imagine all this meat-beating and five-knuckle-shuffles that seem to go on over getting issued the very latest DAFt, Scumia, Volva, and of course lord have Mercy tractor that has the misfortune of having it’s keys lobbed at us weary transport office furniture types…