More excellent Police pr

Ok whether or not you hate. dissapprove of, or resent people with private plates is neither here nor there, that is not the purpose of the thread.
I see the Police are using their valuable time and 'limited resources on more cutting edge crime fighting.
This is the latest in their famous ''clamp downs…
■■■■ poor easy target priorities once again.
I ain’t the biggest fan of the Police, and I’m accused of always knocking them, but by Christ do they keep giving me ammunition. :smiley:
thesun.co.uk/motors/1663433 … ate-tweak/

:open_mouth:

robroy:
I ain’t the biggest fan of the Police, and I’m accused of always knocking them, but by Christ do they keep giving me ammunition. :smiley:

I see you didn’t read past the headline…

"“We’ll be targeting all vehicles using false number plates, a tactic often by some criminal groups to avoid detection,” the station’s Twitter posted to social media. "

And as in the article some alter their plates to evade detection.

Are you saying you don’t want the police to do their job? People like you make me laugh. On one hand you complain that they don’t do their job, that when you read a story you’ll go “well why didn’t they do so and so” but when they do pro-active policing that often results in them catching or at least interrupting the lives of those involved in the stuff you say they do nothing to stop you then complain that they go after low hanging fruit.

But then as you read the Sun it comes as no surprise.

1,000 fine tells you all you need to know about why there targeting number plates , if it was a tenner fine they’d not be interested

Conor:

robroy:

"“We’ll be targeting all vehicles using false number plates, a tactic often by some criminal groups to avoid detection,” the station’s Twitter posted to social media. "

Are you saying you don’t want the police to do their job? People like you make me laugh. On one hand you complain that they don’t do their job, that when you read a story you’ll go “well why didn’t they do so and so” but when they do pro-active policing that often results in them catching or at least interrupting the lives of those involved in the stuff you say they do nothing to stop you then complain that they go after low hanging fruit.

Oh but I did, I just didn’t believe it.
Funny that, cos people like you make me laugh also.
Those who believe the official line on anything, without seeing the real reason for it.
How many tweaked plates do you see up and down the country, abd unless you are some buffoon it’s easy to still read the original plate, just a bit of fun and harmless customisation, but every one subject to a potential thousand pound fine…kerching.

But lets justify it to the gullible by putting the words ‘criminal gangs’ in the official blurb.
I don’t know what it’s like around your way, but up here they tend to use false plates rather than make a 4 into an A or move a letter over to make a name. :unamused:

Pity you ain’t half the smart arse in reality Conor, than what you continuously attempt to portray on here.

robroy:

Conor:

robroy:

Funny that, cos people like you make me laugh also.
Those who believe the official line on anything, without seeing the real reason for it.
How many tweaked plates do you see up and down the country, abd unless you are some buffoon it’s easy to still read the original plate, just a bit of fun and harmless customisation, but every one subject to a potential thousand pound fine…kerching.

But lets justify it to the gullible by putting the words ‘criminal gangs’ in the official blurb.
I don’t know what it’s like around your way, but up here they tend to use false plates rather than make a 4 into an A or move a letter over to make a name. :unamused:

Pity you ain’t half the smart arse in reality Conor, than what you continuously attempt to portray on here.

I assume you are referring to people who insist on using private plates illegally spaced and altered to read what they want it to?

Regardless of what anyone thinks the law is quite clear on number plates, what they to be made out of font and size approved and spaced correctly .

People who ignore the law and so so get what they deserve for failing to keep the vehicle within the law. Same goes for all the other motoring laws like MOT vehicle excise duty etc etc.

Don’t break those laws and you’ll get no bother. Not that they seem to crack down on illegal numberplates anyway these days.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

simcor:
I assume you are referring to people who insist on using private plates illegally spaced and altered to read what they want it to?

Regardless of what anyone thinks the law is quite clear on number plates, what they to be made out of font and size approved and spaced correctly .

People who ignore the law and so so get what they deserve for failing to keep the vehicle within the law. Same goes for all the other motoring laws like MOT vehicle excise duty etc etc.

Don’t break those laws and you’ll get no bother. Not that they seem to crack down on illegal numberplates anyway these days.

You obviously know (and care :unamused: ) more about it than I do,.
It was not the actual subject matter as such (although driving a car with a dodgy MOT?..you put that in the same category as having the wrong font on a reg plate? : :neutral_face: )

I couldn’t personally give a flying ■■■■ if somebody called Colin has a COLIN reg plate or similar, it’s the old principle of easy target ■■■■ poor policing for the sake and sole purpose of raising cash,.but with the usual justifying spin on it that Conor latched on to, when the country is awash with burglary and drug crime, or closer to home …truck crime, but no let’s go and nick Colin and his mates far easier (and far more lucrative.) policing.
THAT was the jist of my point, hence the title.‘‘Police PR’’. :bulb:

robroy:

simcor:

You obviously care more about it than I do,.
It was not the actual subject matter as such (although driving a car with a dodgy MOT?..you put that in the same category as having the wrong font on a reg plate? : :neutral_face: )
I couldn’t personally give a flying [zb] if somebody called Colin has a COLIN reg plate or similar, it’s the old principle of easy target ■■■■ poor policing for the sake and sole purpose of raising cash,.but with the usual justifying spin on it that Conor latched on to, when the country is awash with burglary and drug crime, or closer to home …truck crime, but no let’s go and nick Colin and his mates far easier (and far more lucrative.) policing.
THAT was the jist of my point, hence the title.‘‘Police PR’’.

So we just let some laws get broken and not prosecute for some things then? Where do we draw the line on what is or isn’t an offence?

The law is clear as I said and does not allow people to illegally space or use the incorrect font whether people like it or not that is the law and you can expect to be done for it. But we should let them away with it as no harm is done?

Laws are there to avoid having a lawless society whether people want it or not it’s better than a free for all for everyone to do as they please.

I couldn’t care less what numberplates people put on their cars tbh, it was a general observation that you believe it’s a waste of time and resources for the police to deal with.

Traffic police deal with traffic violations whatever they may be, that is their job and their role to enforce. So don’t use the whole they should spend that time on other offences different parts of the police deal with different crimes.

Oh and I never said a dodgy MOT anywhere that is something you have made it up for yourself. I said there are laws and regs that you agree to abide to when given the privillidge of a driving licence and being able to operate a vehicle.

There are a lot of laws people may think are silly but other countries really clamp down on like car modifications for example because quite often they are not done safely.

Then again the majority of modified cars look like heaps of ■■■■■ but that’s an entirely different story.

Conor:

I have to admit, I didn’t read past this paragraph of the article. To me, this is like me saying, ‘today, I will be concentrating on driving a lorry.’

I’m all in favor of it!

They’ve altered their number plate because they think they’ll escape detection for their criminal activities. They might as well hang a huge illuminated sign saying “CRIMINAL OVER HERE!”.

The same for all the idiots with the darkened/anti-reflective/extremely reflective number plates. They all just scream “PULL ME OVER!”.

About time if you ask me! The amount of people taking the p*ss with misrepresented number plates has become an epidemic!

In these days of ANPR policing it’s good to see them doing something.
Altered plates to avoid ANPR often = no tax, not or insurance. That’s why they don’t want caught.

Sent from my R19 using Tapatalk

simcor:
So we just let some laws get broken and not prosecute for some things then? Where do we draw the line on what is or isn’t an offence?

The law is clear as I said and does not allow people to illegally space or use the incorrect font whether people like it or not that is the law and you can expect to be done for it. But we should let them away with it as no harm is done?

Laws are there to avoid having a lawless society whether people want it or not it’s better than a free for all for everyone to do as they please.

I couldn’t care less what numberplates people put on their cars tbh, it was a general observation that you believe it’s a waste of time and resources for the police to deal with.

Traffic police deal with traffic violations whatever they may be, that is their job and their role to enforce. So don’t use the whole they should spend that time on other offences different parts of the police deal with different crimes.

Ok mate, I can see I’ve come across a neverr do wrong tyoe model citizen here and the champion of the Police, so we’re never going to agree.

Call me old fashioned but I’d prefer to see the Police addressing important things.
They keep wittering on about their ‘‘Limited resources’’ to excuse their apathy and incompetence in carrying out their jobs, surely their ‘limited resources’ would be better used as you have just said yourself, letting some (minor) offences go by turning a blind eye, or at the very least using a bit of old fashioned discretion, to minor unimportant offences,.and concentrating on other more important issues.
Problem is these minor unimportant offences are usually potentially lucrative,.as this example, so to justify it they put a spin on it by saying criminal gangs use incorrect spacing ffs…and some if you lot swallow it. :laughing:

Forget whetherr anybody doesn’t like seeing plates like this, :unamused: it ain’t the point I was trying to get at.
Given the choice I’d rather see them prioritising on real crimes, drugs and burglary, …and all that bs you say about different police doing different jobs, I’d rather see traffic division doing a patrol.around parked trucks, but this time not solely to give out parking tickets that they like to do :unamused: , but to prevent truck crime, fuel and load thefts, not checking to see if Rupert has the correct font on his 911 Porsche…in case he may be a bank robber. :unamused:

Look if I’m in the minority here, I couldn’t care less, but some of you instead of prattling on about plates (that was just an EXAMPLE ffs) open your eyes and stop believing bull ■■■■ used to justify the agenda of money making.
Even I would have had some respect for them at least if they had quoted the number of dodgy plates, and came clean saying how many thousand pound fines can now be used for…fill in the blank.

Completely agree with you.

We need to go back to the days of Police on the street. Not sat in layby or a sliproad just waiting to make some easy money.
Yea, maybe you will catch a dodgy transit with a bald tyre but I’d rather the police be on the streets stopping the moped gangs and women being harassed/made to feel unsafe.

It’s not just the limited resources that are the issue its the use of such resources. On a Friday night in a town centre. you will see quite often 20/30+ police officers just sat around waiting for the action. Because thesedays it takes 6+ police officers to deal with one drunken idiot. It’s complete overkill.
When I was delivering in the Central London area a few months ago near Trafalagar square I would see 30+ police vehicles parked up just waiting in case they were needed. WHY ARE THEY NOT OUT OF THEIR VEHICLES PATROLLING?. It’s stupid.

What we need is a ten fold increase in motorcycle cops. With capabilities to deal with the moped gangs. We also need more police on the street. We just have far too many traffic cops.

Also whenever there is a random HGV police checkpoint be it at Thurrock or any other hotspot. (The police always have certain places they like to set up. So very easy to avoid.) They go out in force with like 50+ people. Why does there need to be 50+ Police officers to check HGVs? It’s just so overkill.
essex.police.uk/news/essex/ … ion-crime/

The irony of this is Thurrock Services is rife with goods theft because the police would rather hang round the BP garages or some slip road then make Thurrock MSA a regular place to visit to ensure no thefts take place. Almost zero police presence.

#Nonsensical Rant Over.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Cheers, somebody who actually gets it.
Not nonsensical in the least.

robroy:
I couldn’t personally give a flying [zb] if somebody called Colin has a COLIN reg plate or similar…

I looked at it, but the price was eye watering! :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Colingl:

robroy:
I couldn’t personally give a flying [zb] if somebody called Colin has a COLIN reg plate or similar…

I looked at it, but the price was eye watering! :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Colingl…

Couldn’t you get something like COL 19 S but corrupt some of the letters and numbers or, perhaps get the plate made in italics?

But be careful, the fuzz is going hot on these things apparently. :smiley:

yourhavingalarf:

Colingl:

robroy:

Colingl…

Couldn’t you get something like COL 19 S but corrupt some of the letters and numbers or, perhaps get the plate made in italics?

But be careful, the fuzz is going hot on these things apparently. :smiley:

And you don’t want the Police (and a couple on here :unamused: ) thinking you belong to a ‘‘criminal gang’’. :laughing:

Have never associated private plates with criminal gangs more likely to be a fully paid up member of the small ■■■■■ gang :smiley: :smiley: