Hydraulic connections for hiab?

So I’m looking for an older tractor unit and would want to ad a hiab to it. My question is does a truck crane use the same pto set up as a tipper? Is it an advantage for me to buy a tractor unit that already has the tipping gear fitted and can you run both on the same unit (i.e. tipping gear and a crane)? Thanks

harshuk.com/truck/hydraulic- … -wet-kits/

Diggerlot:
So I’m looking for an older tractor unit and would want to ad a hiab to it. My question is does a truck crane use the same pto set up as a tipper? Is it an advantage for me to buy a tractor unit that already has the tipping gear fitted and can you run both on the same unit (i.e. tipping gear and a crane)? Thanks

Tipper has one pipe only so you will need a return for a crane but more importantly you need to know the pump flow and the flow required for the crane in some cases a flow divider will be needed at the correct ratio .

You should be able to do both, there are plenty of 8 wheeler tippers out there with hiabs on. the Volvo I drive has 3 pipes from the hydraulic tank with a flow valve. 1 pipe for tippers and the other 2 for walking floors that require a return. Shouldnt be too difficult for a wet pack fitter to set you up.

Edited to add… both systems run through the same PTO.

toowise:
You should be able to do both, there are plenty of 8 wheeler tippers out there with hiabs on. the Volvo I drive has 3 pipes from the hydraulic tank with a flow valve. 1 pipe for tippers and the other 2 for walking floors that require a return. Shouldnt be too difficult for a wet pack fitter to set you up.

Edited to add… both systems run through the same PTO.

Great thanks!!