Free dash cams

:imp:

That will please the power hungry wannabe coppers. :unamused:
Stand by for the staged set up scenarios.

I hope some of these people offered them tell them to ā– ā– ā– ā–  right off and do their jobs.
At least it will give the Police even more time to raise a bit of revenue themselves, as well as getting the public to do their jobs for them.
Double whammy, ā€¦brilliant strategy. :sunglasses:
Weaselā€™s Charter.

The RNLI is amongst businesses that have signed up to the schemeā€¦

I beter start giving way to sail then.

And people wonder why there is a shortage of lorry driversā€¦

eagerbeaver:
And people wonder why there is a shortage of lorry driversā€¦

Aye, but you can sure as hell bet that there will be sadly NO shortage of those with ā– ā– ā– ā–  all better to do than to do the job of the Police for them. :smiley:
There is a certain type of absolute ā– ā– ā– ā–  of whom this will be right up their strasse.
The type of which I hate with a vengeance. :smiling_imp:

(Bring on the usual retort from the usual clown reminding me when I rang Stobbies up after the d/head tried to put my young daughter in a ditchā€¦that would be the time that I told them that no way did I want same d/head to lose his job, just wanted him told I was not amused, and that I had his reg notedā€¦just to reiterate.)

Rob, you need to change your signature line ā€¦

I cannot believe having watched the video people think this is not a good idea, if i had a camera in my car and someone did that to me i would send it to the police why is this wrong.

Do you believe the morons in the video should get away with it, would you not inform the police if it had been your family in the car coming in the opposite direction.

the nodding donkey:
Rob, you need to change your signature line ā€¦

What toā€¦3000 posts of pure tripe? :laughing:

D.Thompson:
I cannot believe having watched the video people think this is not a good idea, if i had a camera in my car and someone did that to me i would send it to the police why is this wrong.

Do you believe the morons in the video should get away with it, would you not inform the police if it had been your family in the car coming in the opposite direction.

Didnā€™t watch the video tbh, but for every one potential ā€˜ā€˜seriousā€™ā€™ event sent in by these saddoes, there will be a 100 consisting of staged, and the rest sent in by self appointed crime fighters of little ti no relavance.

The family reference always has to come up by somebody in these type threads, :unamused: ā€¦Iā€™ve no problem with the Old Bill doing the job they are supposed to do for a change, but as I said no time for self appointed (or in this case police appointed :unamused: ) ā– ā– ā– ā–  robocops.
Just one of my (very few) pet hates.

Didnā€™t watch the video tbh, but for every one potential ā€˜ā€˜seriousā€™ā€™ event sent in by these saddoes, there will be a 100 consisting of staged, and the rest sent in by self appointed crime fighters of little ti no relavance.

I suggest you watch it this is not just a bit of undertaking in most of the videos it was sheer luck they didnā€™t kill themselves or others.

As for staging accidents why would they itā€™s highly unlikely their video is going to be seen by the general public.

The family reference always has to come up by somebody in these type threads, :unamused:

And so does the ā€œif the old bill did there jobā€ if their numbers had not been decimated over the years they would more of a deterrent but with the amount of cars on the roads and impatient ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  driving them they are never going to catch more than a small percentage I am all for members of the public helping to get these selfish ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  prosecuted.

What? People slagging off this idea? Then youā€™re part of the problem.
I regularly ecycle/cycle and walk places I see the most appalling driving. People really believe that the road was made for the car and nothing else should be allowed. Like a horse, cycle or pedestrian is some kind of vermin that must be bullied of the roads by doing dangerous close passes, overtaking on unbroken white lines, zig-zags, hill brows or blind bends. If you think the highway code is optional or doesnā€™t apply to you then just get a pair of scissors and cut your licence into a thousand pieces and get off the freaking road. If you close pass a cyclist or pedestrian and you are caught on camera you deserve the six points and Ā£500 fine because you are using you vehicle as a vengeance weapon.

Personally I reserve my respect for vulnerable road users and hatred for the millions of soul less shopping cages whose entitled occupants are off to walk the dog or get their pubic hair dyed clogging up the roads and stopping real road users from getting their job done.

D.Thompson:

I suggest you watch it this is not just a bit of undertaking in most of the videos it was sheer luck they didnā€™t kill themselves or others.

As for staging accidents why would they itā€™s highly unlikely their video is going to be seen by the general public.

The family reference always has to come up by somebody in these type threads, :unamused:

And so does the ā€œif the old bill did there jobā€ if their numbers had not been decimated over the years they would more of a deterrent but with the amount of cars on the roads and impatient [zb] driving them they are never going to catch more than a small percentage I am all for members of the public helping to get these selfish [zb] prosecuted.

You askā€¦ā€˜Why would they?ā€™
Just look at some of the vids on you tube by some of these self righteous cyclists.
Look back on here alone if you can be arsed, we had a hero forum member armed with a dash cam in his truck complaining about bad driversā€¦on watching it was pointed out it was actually him setting up situations himself, and nearly causing accidents in the process., there are only 2 examples of ā€˜Why would theyā€™ :unamused:
It is the nature of that particular type beast,.that is why they would .

As for the Police always coming up, it only always comes up because it is fact.
I donā€™t give a ā– ā– ā– ā–  what reason decimation or otherwise why the job of the Police has been dumbed down to them becoming revenue collectors, Iā€™m only interested in the fact that it is the case.
Iā€™m all for rpolicing road safety and accident prevention, trust meā€¦
Putting the public in the spotlight to do their jobs for them is not the answer to the problem, it just exacerbates said problem.
Leave the job to the Police.

lewn777:
What? People slagging off this idea? Then youā€™re part of the problem.
I regularly ecycle/cycle and walk places I see the most appalling driving. People really believe that the road was made for the car and nothing else should be allowed. Like a horse, cycle or pedestrian is some kind of vermin that must be bullied of the roads by doing dangerous close passes, overtaking on unbroken white lines, zig-zags, hill brows or blind bends. If you think the highway code is optional or doesnā€™t apply to you then just get a pair of scissors and cut your licence into a thousand pieces and get off the freaking road. If you close pass a cyclist or pedestrian and you are caught on camera you deserve the six points and Ā£500 fine because you are using you vehicle as a vengeance weapon.

Personally I reserve my respect for vulnerable road users and hatred for the millions of soul less shopping cages whose entitled occupants are off to walk the dog or get their pubic hair dyed clogging up the roads and stopping real road users from getting their job done.

Jeez H man calm yourself down ffs. :unamused:
How tf am I part of the problemā€¦part of which problem exactly?
I also hate dangerous inconsiderate driving,.I too have been known to ride a bike on back country roads,.and been on the receiving end of inept driving.
As I keep saying make the Police do THEIR job,.to stop them prioritising on a list of less important issues that they seem to concentrate on.
They would get a very short answer ending with the words ā€˜offā€™ or ā€˜ā€˜youā€™ā€™ if they asked me to do their job for them.
That was my point, there is no way I was justifying poor driving standards,.and to say that Iā€™m part of the problem :unamused: just because I do not agree with the ā– ā– ā– ā–  poor way the Old Bill chose to deal with it is ridiculous.

Will the police get a suitable reduction in funding on the grounds theyā€™re having some of their job done for them?

robroy:
I too have been known to ride a bike on back country roads,.

What was that then, a penny-farthing? :laughing: :laughing:

Reef:

robroy:
I too have been known to ride a bike on back country roads,.

What was that then, a penny-farthing? :laughing: :laughing:

I dont come on here to be insulted you know. : :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

You askā€¦ā€˜Why would they?ā€™
Just look at some of the vids on you tube by some of these self righteous cyclists.
Look back on here alone if you can be arsed, we had a hero forum member armed with a dash cam in his truck complaining about bad driversā€¦on watching it was pointed out it was actually him setting up situations himself, and nearly causing accidents in the process., there are only 2 examples of ā€˜Why would theyā€™ :unamused:
It is the nature of that particular type beast,.that is why they would .

As it says below they have given 170 cameras to businesses i doubt very much these will be
the same type of people you mentioned above who would fake bad driving and as it says the operation has already caught and prosecuted 1,300 motorists in less than two years, i would be happy if they did the same here thats 1,3000 ā– ā– ā– ā–  heads with penalty points on their licences who may think twice next time the person if front is not driving as fast as they think they should beā€¦

Police and roads bosses are handing out 170 dashcams to help catch more dangerous drivers on the roads of Devon and Cornwall.
Businesses will use the state-of-the-art devices to try and capture footage of motorists breaking the law.
It comes as part of Devon and Cornwall Policeā€™s Operation Snap which has seen more than 1,300 motorists prosecuted in less than two years.
As for the Police always coming up, it only always comes up because it is fact.

I donā€™t give a [zb] what reason decimation or otherwise why the job of the Police has been dumbed down to them becoming revenue collectors, Iā€™m only interested in the fact that it is the case.
Iā€™m all for rpolicing road safety and accident prevention, trust meā€¦
Putting the public in the spotlight to do their jobs for them is not the answer to the problem, it just exacerbates said problem.
Leave the job to the Police.

Thr police have used dash cam footage to prosecuted drivers for many years the only difference is this will be their cameras catching the footage not the general publics i have no problem with that whatsoever.

robroy:
I dont come on here to be insulted you know. : :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Absolutely! You have a huge plethora of venues available where youā€™ll be insulted. :smiley: :smiley:

Some shocking clips in that video and most of them deserve to be punished.
I really donā€™t like the idea of the police using the general publics camera footage to catch people though, a bit too ā– ā– ā– ā–  for my liking
Where will it endā– ā– ?
As for tax payers funding dash cams well that is never right in a million years.

Iā€™ve got mixed feelings about this idea, I donā€™t have a problem with the police having a server that people can upload video of dangerous driving to nor do I have a problem with people uploading videos of dangerous driving to that server.
However if Iā€™m reading the article correctly all of the video captured by these dash-cams will be uploaded to the police server so you can bet your life that the police will spend plenty of time watching the video footage not only to prosecute dangerous drivers but to prosecute or issue fines to people for much less serious offences, it just doesnā€™t sit easy with me that people are being encouraged to upload everyoneā€™s random misdemeanour so the police can issue fines.