The shortage is going to lead to empty shelves!

Juddian:

Winseer:
If there are more licence holders than vacancies - “lack of a licence holders” - clearly isn’t the problem.

“Lack of people willing to use it to do a thankless job” - more likely is.

During the lockdown - NHS “Key Workers” - got discounts at Morrisons, and other places - good for them, I guess, and seal-clapped outside on doorsteps at 8pm on thursdays…

Meanwhile, TRANSPORT “Key Workers” - saw entire families of cyclists - waving down inanely at passing truckers from motorway overbridges…

Can’t say a Cheesy Grin from the Jetsons helps us all as much as a discount for the next big food shop would do - but I guess among “Key Workers” - We’re not all equal. :frowning:

The NHS, blessed be its name, became the British holy cow and people and companies wanted to be seen to be enthusiastically kissing its arse.

Yes we carried on throughout, and why wouldn’t we, the whole thing was a farce/scam that anyone awake should have seen through long before the three weeks to flatten the curve became 18 months and probably several years and the ruination of thousands of people’s lives later, for what?
I don’t need anyone publicly thanking me for doing my job, embarrassing beyond belief, neither do i want 10% discount at a shop so the company can virtue signal how pious they are (pass the sick bag), and as for the seal clapping words fail me, just pay me for my work and bloody leave me alone.

Yes, it was all rather Cuthbert - wasn’t it…

Cuthbert.jpg

Another thing I noticed at Morrisons checkouts (not that I frequent them that often… :blush: ) were people standing there with ill-fitting NHS uniforms on to presumably blag their way through the discounts on offer…

Meanwhile, that under-represented other side of Key Workers, who are obliged to carry a blue card at all times or get fined - got diddly squat, regardless of wearing the very best of 5th-wheel greased high viz bomber jackets… :unamused:

I was kinda hoping one of these fakers would attempt to push in front of me, so I could mutter loud enough for everyone to hear “The worst thing I could do to you all - is not be anywhere near here in a year’s time”… :grimacing: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses: