From S500 to this

the nodding donkey:

Old

So had this a few weeks now and it’s OK. It’s nothing like the S500 which had pretty much every toy you could think of but now I’ve got my head around it actually it’s not bad.

I was worried about ride quality as I’ve seen a lot of comments about ride quality on the Merc but again it’s not bad at all and inside it’s a bit more than fleet spec (but not top spec). The mirrorcam was the biggest change but now I’ve got used to them I think they’re great.

I’ve had to drive a selection of, admittedly old and beyond repair, craptroses, for the last two years, and two weeks ago
, doing a cheeky agency job (#£19.00ph #getin) , got to drive a Scania new gen. I was suddenly reminded what an absolute puddle of cat sick the craptros is…

As for bed, there can be only one. The bed in the DAF is the best. :grimacing:

A couple of years ago I took a Scania out for a local day run while my Actros was getting it’s first MOT.
If it had been a bit cleaner I would have gladly swapped that 10 year old motor for my year old pile of ■■■■.

Best truck bed?..The old over the windscreen bunk in the older Scanias…second to none in terms of sleeping in a ‘tin box’. :smiley: