Driver Shortage?

Unfortunately the years have past with poor wages and only now company’s are waking up and starting to offer better pay which hopefully will only go up and up. There is good work out there but all depends on the kinda driver you are. If you like a routine and a set route and to be controlled then DPD is for you. My girl friend is a manager there and even she says there line haul drivers are robots. But if your goal is clock in clock out and drive small tractors then that’s a good job with decent pay.

Or if you like to drive a flash truck and are not scared of work then the Irish is for you. Not the best pay but some are putting the cash up. Or work for them though a agency then your paid proper.

But there are loads of firms in between ok trucks and ok pay. But I think the shortage is more of a shortage of decent drivers. Such a large choice of jobs but Most unfortunately don’t care less about the trucks just turn up two hours early for work and try and get finished as early as possible. Hopefully more will look into trucking and we get some more new blood that will look after trucks and have a interest in the job.

But when shops which my mate works for are paying him 11 quid an hour to work in a store well……. That’s the question?