Dpd Driving Assessment.

Roymondo:

tmcassett:

Truckulent:
No stopping? That means “no using the toilet”

As long as the non driving staff only use the toilet once every 4.5 hours I’ll comply.

Otherwise [zb] off you arrogant [zb].

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I think an element of common sense needs to be exercised. If you have a 4.5 hour drive somewhere and need the toilet, then stop and go to the toilet as that’s your basic human right and it’s not unreasonable to expect you may need the toilet within 4.5 hours.

If you need a code as you’ve stopped then what’s the issue? I’m guessing it will be because the load will be timed and the office will need to put reason down on the system why the load was late arriving. I can’t imagine its something they are going to use as a weapon to beat you with and sack you.

This question of “stop codes” cropped up on another thread a little while ago. As I said on that thread, it’s not a case of ‘Asking for permission to go to the toilet’ - rather it is the driver informing someone in the office that there has been an unscheduled delay and that office person has, by issuing the “stop code” taken responsibility for ensuring that the people who need to know of this unplanned delay (however short) have been informed. It’s not really a restriction on the driver, rather it is his “Get Out Of Jail Card” as responsibility for any consequential delays are formally transferred to the pointy-shoe wearer in the office by the issuing of the code. This sort of system is pretty much essential when your whole business model is based on delivering valuable packages to very tight next-day schedules.

Of course, drivers won’t see it that way and will routinely wait until they get to their destination depot to mention the delay (or other issue) because they think they know best because they’ve been doing the job for years and yada, yada and what does the PFY in the office know anyway…

DPD deliver parcels not crucial blood supplies or donor organs.

I’m sure folks’ tat from Amazon can stand a 5 minute delay over a 3 or 4 hour journey without everyone having a paddy over it.

In my experience, trying to micro manage a delivery time to within 5 minutes, given the UK’s rather delay prone road system is folly of the first degree. It’s setting yourself up for failure before you’ve started.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk