British gypsum/ xpo sherburn in elmet

RogerOut:

eldenco:
Full time days contracted to 48 hours a week. £13 per hour and £13 overtime rate per hour after your 48.
Roughly £90 per week “bonus”. Used to be attendance based but as of 1st April will be performance based. Either be in the scania pictured above or new volvo fm 460. Units seem to be kept well condition by drivers. You are allocated a unit but may have to share with a night driver. Most of the sites have fitters permanently based so if there is an issue with a trailer it can be normally be fixed straight away. You will never be pressured to take something out that is unsafe.
Work is generally clean (unless delivering to building site) and as has been said above you do your drop and 9 out of 10 times return empty. Some of the builders merchants are abit tight and challenging but for the really bad ones they will have people stopping traffic and banksmen etc so you can complete your manoeuvre. There is the occasional back load, anything from paint, bagged aggregates or clothes. The plaster load will be strapped for you by bay operatives but you will still have to get behind the curtain to tighten them.
Can do anything from 1 distance drop a day or 3 locals. Office are generally always happy for you to keep going and work all hours under the sun so you may have to be firm if you want to work closer to contracted hours.

Full time is Monday to Friday with fixed start time.
Night work is trunking trailers to other Gypsum sites. Dont know the wage for that.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Thanks for that insight. Is that the score for most BG sites? I think there’s five of them around the country.
So driving the British Gypsum artics, is it overnight work and long distance? Or home every night? What time do the day drivers start and finish generally?

And is the £90 weekly bonus achievable and taxable? And the trucks are loaded for you already ?

I think that is the score for all the xpo bg sites. Robertsbridge is jempsons so may be different. It is definitely the score for Barrow and nottingham. They seem to be quite flexible with start times. Alot of day drivers start at around 5/6 but some as early as 2.30. The day work is home every night. 6am starters usually parked up and finished by 6 but you do have to sometimes refuse a further away 2nd drop if you don’t want they extra hours. Like most places they sometimes try to get as much out of you as possible. So far the bonus seems achievable, and it is also part of holiday pay now, but it only came in fully on 1st April. BG loads will already be loaded and strapped for you just a case of checking the loaders have put the straps on properly. You do get the occasional back load that you would have to strap. Maybe once every month or two.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk