Stobby's new O licence application

Saw O licence application on Local paper this weekend, Severfield Dalton airfield Thirsk 30 units 60 trailers Eddie Stobart Ltd.
Just wondered who is doing contract now, obviously Eddie starts sometime this year.
Thought perhaps Preston’s of Potto ?
Ps Severfield Reeve , Severfied Rowan , can’t remember what they are called now and it’s structural steel.
Jim

I saw a Stobart pulling a steel trailer on the M6 today which was a first for me. Maybe this is the next sector theyre going to screw for everyone.

Forward thinking company seen another gap in the market

stobbarts have been bringing steel into birmingham for the new street station renovation. couple of months ago it was prestons of potto now seems to be eddie.

Severfield Watson … don’t understand why Severfield keep changing the name :question:

I saw this too in Hgte rag … well actually my 93 yr old mother had highlighted it … wondered what Stobbies were up to … can’t think they would want to do steel work … Stobbie drivers won’t like it :laughing: :laughing:

They are going on to flat trailer work to help some of them get under low bridges :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

also at Park Spring Quarry, Swales Moor Road, Halifax HX3 6UF.
30 vehicles and 30 trailers.

malc step:

Hmmm! Animal waste? :question:

Trev_H:
They are going on to flat trailer work to help some of them get under low bridges :wink:

i am sure they will find some even lower bridges to strike. Or perhaps branch into new areas like losing their load :laughing:

axletramp:

malc step:

Not sure if thats a Marshalls Quarry Products yard?

xfmatt:

axletramp:

malc step:

Not sure if thats a Marshalls Quarry Products yard?

Righty! I could only think of the animal waste place on there.

Prestons have lost all the Severfield work to Stobarts, and the work from Wards at Sherburn, i have a feeling there will be a lot of Prestons drivers going for a job at Stobarts working out of Dalton

The Rustler:
Severfield Watson … don’t understand why Severfield keep changing the name :question:

I saw this too in Hgte rag … well actually my 93 yr old mother had highlighted it … wondered what Stobbies were up to … can’t think they would want to do steel work … Stobbie drivers won’t like it :laughing: :laughing:

its a group name, Severfield bought Rowens and Watsons and there all under the same banner now, one way to do away with the competition, just buy them out

chaversdad:

The Rustler:

its a group name, Severfield bought Rowens and Watsons and there all under the same banner now, one way to do away with the competition, just buy them out

Or do as Stobart does and price them out of existence :open_mouth:

The Rustler:

spot on there pal. I did a cupple year on them extenders doin multi drop wi gud old sheets lol stobies shirt wont be green for long… If ur not carefull u can end up lookin like uv been down pit lol defo not steering attendnt work that’s for sure… :grimacing: :grimacing:

What’s so special about steel work?

Pimpdaddy:

Nothing special, but you tend to get a bit, umm, grubby :slight_smile:

The Sarge:
Nothing special, but you tend to get a bit, umm, grubby :slight_smile:

Oh right, hehe…:grimacing:

Pimpdaddy:

its good money but u have to graft 4 it :cry: :unamused: