Wtd question

Dafproblems:
Current wtd break rules

Upto 6hrs - 15 mins (applies throughout shift, can’t work more than 6 hours without a break)
Between 6-9hrs - 30mins can be split into 2x 15mins (if finishing between 6-9 hours)
9hrs plus - 45 mins can be split into 3x 15mins (yes, needs to be done by end of shift)

So this is job and finish and only a 2/3/4/5 hour local run round the doors. Do I need to take a 15 min to comply? Basically I’d like to avoid taking that 15mins. Say my run is 2 hours long it seems a bit bizarre to need to take a 15 min break.

Take me out the driving hours rules as I don’t get near 4.5hrs drive time.

The six hour rule always applies at any time in the shift, and the minimum to reset the six hours is 15 minutes break.

The rules regarding 6-9 hours and 9+ hours apply at the end of the shift.

Another important point is the shift can’t finish on break, so always at least 1 minute of work after the last break.

So, to illustrate, you can be past 9 hours work on only a 15 minute break, so long as another 30 minutes is logged by the end of the shift.

However, if finishing between 6 and 9 hours, you have to have logged 30 minutes total.

Dafproblems:
That’s what’s I was thinking, one more question mr Conor. Say I work bang on 6hrs can I miss taking that 15 min break if I have 15/30 mins poa? Reason I ask is breaks are deducted and poa isn’t.

As Conor doesn’t seem to have replied, POA does not count as work, so indeed if you have logged 15 minutes POA in a 6 hour shift, you have only done 5 hours 45 minutes work / driving total (assuming no breaks have been taken of course).